Thread: UPDATE - YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR.

UPDATE - YOU HAVE GONE TOO FAR.

(AS TOLD BY RASCAL, MALE ORANGE TABBY)

Well, I read all of your posts about the white ghost under the Christmas tree and I am a little sheepish about this - but I just couldn't handle it. But Christmas was great, boy those tinned mice in catnip are the best.

But last night Mom had a party and I ran around on everyone's lap and sniffed and got lots of attention. Everyone got a little tired of my affections (I drool) and I had to think of something to get their attention. So I screwed up my courage and went right under the tree, curled up on the ghost and pretended I was sleeping. Mom must have told EVERYONE about my hating the ghost because they all called her and everyone was saying AWWWWW!!! Isn't that adorable? And do you know what? The ghost didn't get any attention, it was all for me. So thanks everyone for your encouragement, but could you keep it to yourselves - I am a little embarrassed.

------------------

Dear Rascal, I am glad you finally overcame your fear of the white ghost. Us orange tabbys have a certain image to uphold you know. Sometimes I am afraid of things but I try to "never let them see me sweat." Unfortunately don't get too used to it because soon the humans will take it away. Such a shame since you were just starting to enjoy it. Look for it again next year though. Your friend, Trevor

[This message has been edited by Pam (edited December 30, 2000).]