Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ferret (Tia and indie) treat time

Ferret (Tia and indie) treat time

Heres the story my friend who got Tia's mate called and said come ova ive got a treat the ferts will die for?!?
    Ok so i drove over there with Tia, and she said ive got a dead rabbit for them, EEEEWWWWWW it was killed by a nieghbours dog and he knew she had a ferret so he gave it to her (Weird).
    We went to sure so we rang the rescue guy we got them from to see how to give it to them and if it was safe, ok yes it's safe cut it in half or they will fight!
    I was to grossed out to do it so my friend (Vet nurse) got a scalpal knife and went to it EWWWWWWWWW, the blade broke,lol so she used a saw thing, i was urging so bad as the smell ewwwww was gross, Indie loved the half a rabbit and was restling with it for ages, yet Tia (who ive desided is a veggie) didnt have any interest in it at all (she didnt eat any of it )

Ky
    Last edited by Rio and Me; 05-18-2004 at 06:07 PM.
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

You are disgusting.

And you post these pictures on an animal lover's forums, where many own rabbits.

Camera happy or not, that's truly disgusting.

Many thanks to Kfamr for the wonderful signature.

I wish I didn't look at these. I'm so disgusted and feel like crying after seeing them. I can't believe you would post these on a pet loving forum! I wonder how long it will take for these images to get out of my head. Gross!

It's just food for ferret's it's what they eat, its what they need.
    it was dead anyhow so why waste it.
    Ky
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

That's great and all, but you really should've kept the pictures to yourself, IMO. As popcornbird said, this is a pet pet loving forum .

Originally posted by Rio and Me
    It's just food for ferret's it's what they eat, its what they need.
    it was dead anyhow so why waste it.
    Ky
    Well I eat meat myself, but I would HATE to see pictures of a cow or sheep or chicken cut into two, with the rest of the animal intact. That is not something you show people pictures of IMHO!

That's a much better way to put it.

Yes i have delleted the pic's sorry but i didnt think,
    Ky

ooooh I am an animal lover but every animal has to eat. I want to see the pics. Do you still have them? Can you email them to me?
    Not because I like seeing an animal ripped apart just that I have ferrets that eat raw food & have always been nervous giving to them w/ fur & all I just want to see how other ferrets react to it.

[email protected]
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Well I was stupid to post them here it being an animal forum (bunnys and the like) but i really didnt think so im sorry!
    If you really want i can PM you them, I dont mind that type of thing but others do, but you being a ferret owner i think you should be ok with them there not that gross!
    Ky

I got it. Thanks. I used to work at a vets too & like horror movies so it does not bother me.
    Do they eat it with the fur on? I feed raw meat but I have never given a whole carcass. I want to but I am afraid of the fur or feathers.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

The whole thing, fur and all, they wont eat what they dont want/like, we had to cut it in half because the guy said they would fight, also it gives them a head start and might keep them interested.
    I'm not sure about feathers but i supose that is allright as i dont think they would eat it anyhow.
    Ky

That sounds REALLY interesting, could you PM me the pictures? What an interesting treat, I don't know ferrets very well so I had no idea!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Eesh you guys.

I'm sure she didn't mean to offend anyone, there's no need to reply and call her digusting.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I too would like to see the photos: [email protected]
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.