Thread: Tasha Yar has signed off

Tasha Yar has signed off

After 12 years aboard our starship, Tasha Yar of the Enterprise, signed off today.

Tasha was named, obviously, for the character on Star Trek: Enterprise.

She was strong, bold, protective, yet had the most caring, generous, and sensitive side you could ever ask for.

She joined her sister, Ginger, who passed only two months prior, and who was bonded to her very strongly.

Our ship is now empty and we will miss the large presence you gave our home, as well as the sense of comfort we felt with having you here by us.

We wish you ever-pleasant dreams, Tasha Yar of the Enterprise. Your were our child, our love, our special Rottweiler who graced us with your presence and made our lives richer for it.

We will miss you, mourn you and love you forever.

Our condolences in Tasha's passing. Sweet Rottweilers are much misundrstood in some peoples' eyes, but not here at Pet Talk. Play nicely at the Rainbow Bridge, Tasha! (Find my Sheba, she'll show you all the good stuff, and what's what. She was a Shepherd maybe Rottie or Doberman mix, so she's got those silly tan spot eyebrows.)

So sorry to hear about the loss of both your darlings so close to each other.

Play nicely at the RB sweetheart ..... there are plenty other pups there who will be more than happy to show you around.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Tash Yar, remembered for her bravery on the starship Enterprise. What a wonderful name you had. The series may have ended, but the love you gave, and the love you received was as huge as the universe itself.

What a wonderful tribute to Tasha. May she play hard at the bridge.

R.I.P. Tasha Yar.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Thank you for your kind words

Hello,

Thank you for your kind words. It was harder this morning than I thought it would be.... No having to get up in the middle of the night for "pottie" breaks; no more click, click, click across the tile floor; no more early-morning search of the yard for the "kitties" (Tasha thought ALL cats were supposed to play with her, just like "her" indoor kitty did); no more good-morning "kissies"; and the one that I'll miss the most - no more having to step over her since she always knew where to lay down which would cause the most disruption of the traffic pattern in the house.

All these things I used to get so irritated over, now I miss them the most.

So, before I break down into a blubbering mass of goo, I thought I would put up a picture of the "family" from New Year's 2001. If you look closely, you can spot Tasha's kitty "Chat Gris" (5 yrs) in the upper left. Ginger (14 yrs), who passed two month's ago, and my beloved baby Rottweiler Tasha Yar (12 yrs).

Again, thank you for your support.

GP
    Attached Images Attached Images  

I'm so sorry for your loss.

RIP Tasha and Ginger.

They were beautiful dogs.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

RIP Tasha Yar. May you enjoy an eternity of sunshine and happiness playing with Ginger and all the other angel kitties.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

sorry for your loss

I am so sorry for your loss. You are facing such a difficult time having lost two beloved friends so close together. Give yourself time to grieve and console yourself with the fact that you gave both of them a long, rich life. I, myself am getting over the loss of my beloved collie Jasmine, who died just a few weeks ago. I understand your emptiness. It helps to share pictures of your loved ones. The people here are very friendly and understanding.

How hard it must be to lose both of them in such a short. My heart goes out to you. They were both so beautiful!
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of both your Tasha Yar & Ginger. How terrible to loose them both in such a short time span.

Just know that they are now free to run and play at the RB with all of our past doggies.

I too have a rottie who is close to 13 years & I just can't imagine what I'm going to do without him.

If you ever need to talk please feel free to pm me. I hope you stick around and maybe share a little of their life (when/if you feel up to it). It alway made me feel better talking to my husband about the good times we had with our RB Keisha.

Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

How terrrilbe it must be to loose 2 so close. I know how long it took me took me to recover from the loss of 1.
    I now have 2 myself that are closely bonded & I fear what you are going thru! I am trying to think that if happens that way to my girls, that it would be, they want to be together. Playing happy, healthy, eating london broil & taters!