Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Your Cat Does while Your Gone?!

I wish I had a security camera to see who keeps pooping on the floor! (Maybe I should feed them different colored dyes)

I know what Milo does when I am out he leaves evidence!!!!! He knocks over every garbage can in sight (we take the garbage out every morning before work). He also kicks off anything left on one of his precious tables. He also sleeps on my pillow because there is always white milo hair on it every night.....

I think Milo should meet Mila.

Mila sleeps on everything in site, the bed, laundry, tables, the couch, computer, bathtub.

Since she is a tuxedo cat (black and whie) everything turns out really hairy and impossible to hide!!

Mila also sets up obstacle courses while we are gone.

She drags all her toys to the front door and hallway and then watches us we walk in the door and stumble and trip.

She always has such an innocent look on her face!

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Mila's Mommy ]

Originally posted by Mila's Mommy:
    <STRONG>I think Milo should meet Mila.

Mila sleeps on everything in site, the bed, laundry, tables, the couch, computer, bathtub.

Since she is a tuxedo cat (black and whie) everything turns out really hairy and impossible to hide!!

Mila also sets up obstacle courses while we are gone.

She drags all her toys to the front door and hallway and then watches us we walk in the door and stumble and trip.

She always has such an innocent look on her face!

[ July 05, 2001: Message edited by: Mila's Mommy ]</STRONG>
    Just imagine all of the havoc Milo and Mila could cause together....it would be home alome feline version LOL

I have a fondness for the tuxedo-marked pussycats - they always seem to have a "personality" all their own...or perhaps it's just a ruse brought about by the classy digs they wear! At any rate, I have many theories about how our cat spends her day...she seems to have a "routine" of sorts. At night, she drags her toys upstairs one by one and deposits them in strategic places around our bedroom and bathroom.

During the day, we have mused that she logs onto the computer and calls up "Abu Dhabi" to chat with all the kittens and friends of Nermal (from Garfield fame) that have been sent there. She greets us when we come home - in fact can hear the garage door going up from a deep sleep, which prompts her to charge in and meow plaintively at the door until the "big cats" come in.

I also suspect that, given half a chance, she would open up the house to all the stray kitties about and have a catnip party...getting it all put away and pretending to just wake up from a nap when her owners get home...hmmmm

play with toys then sleeps (maybe goes on ebay to by tuna once of twice!)(joking)

[ July 16, 2001: Message edited by: goody2shoes ]
    *Kisses*

Originally posted by Maylo:
    <STRONG>What do you think your cat does when you are at work, shopping, school?!</STRONG>
    they throw parties and invite all the cats in the neighborhood too. when you come home, everything is spotless and it doesnt seem like that could ever happen. i think if you ever suspect something fishy, place video cameras in your house and see what really happens...

Fishing

Thanks to BCBlondie for this great signature!

When I get home from work almost every night there is two toys Misty plays with and they usually are moved to a different spot when I get home. She sleeps a lot too. She also likes trying to atttack flies and bugs off my patio door which their outside & she is in so she never gets them but my blinds are moved differently so I know she is doing it.

I think this is proof what cats do while we are away.

[ August 14, 2001: Message edited by: Fuzzy317 ]
    Scott is owned by 5 cats: Jackson, Fluffy, Twidgit, Ashton, Lexi;
    and 3 dogs: Eli, Sassee, Ginger

Fuzzy317's Pictures

LOL, Fuzzy!!!
    That's the funniest thing I have ever seen!

ROTFL!!!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

Me too! ROFL!!!

...or why I always find fewer beers in the fridge than I thought I had in there! ROTFL!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

One day I went shopping with some of my friends. And when I got home my radio was on, my one picture frame was nocked down and broken, and somethings were missing from my bread box. 2 pieces of bread were gone, half of the container I keep my coffee in was gone, and some milano cookies were gone. I thought someone broke into my house. then I though, oh my gosh is shado okay?!?. So I rushed around the house saying her name when I found her she was laying in the bathroom floor with pieces of half eaten bread, and cookies. I rushed her to the vet. Thank God she was alright! The vet said she would be fine, and gave me some pills to give her.
    A True story told by,
    Cait

My two cats, brother and sister (8 months old) have been spending most of their waking (?)hours, sleeping and playing. On weekends, when I can get away with it, I watch them for an entire day, trying not to bother them, just to see what they usually do. I try not to make a big deal about being there during this observation time. Eventually, they ignore my being there. Most of their activity seems to be play oriented, peppered with a few grooming sessions between naps. They often jump to the highest sports in the house - such as the tops of doors, cabinets, headboards, book shelves and spend time looking down at the other one, teasing her/him. They drag out toys and deposit them in the kitchen, bedroom and halls, where I will find them when I first return or move about. They eat lots of flies, spiders and insects in general. I have a pan of water on the (their) porch and they drink from it often - guess the bugs are salty. Anyway, my cats do lots of things - quietly, all day, but they seem to stay active between cat naps. They are always happy to see me when I return home and they are thrilled to show me the things they have captured and left for me. Sometimes its just the feather duster!!! They do keep me laughing!