Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: What do you think Your Cat Does while Your Gone?!

What do you think Your Cat Does while Your Gone?!

What do you think your cat does when you are at work, shopping, school?!

Sleep.

Shiloh sleeps so she's ready for my bedtime which consists of her jumping all over me until I get up and chase her for awhile.

Sleep!

My cats pretend to sleep. They are actually plotting their takeover of the world.

My cat Murf, a big orange tabby, does his part to prevent a California energy crisis. He plays "Solar Energy Kitty" all day while I'm gone. Soaking up the sun gives him the wattage to powernap later!

My cat Daisy, now gone to the Rainbow Bridge, would plot all day on just the right place to stand between my feet to catch any dropped morsels of food. Or, if there was no food, she planned the exact spot to get bumped by a moving foot. Not enough bump to hurt, but enough to make me feel guilty and give her a treat.

My cat Winston, blind since birth, spends his day dreaming of Three Blind Mice, or possibly getting his own seeing eye mouse.

Love those kitties!

Hmmm, do I see a trend here?

Anyone still not convinced that cats are nocturnal?

I have just had one of my middle-of-the-night insulin reactions, so as per usual I will be wide awake for an hour or two. It's four o'clock in the morning and all the cats are up and active - playing and chasing each other.

Besides my blood sugar crashes, I am also an occasional insomniac, and a hopeless night owl (which is probably why the insomnia!). I have never been awake in the middle of the night and seen a sleeping cat, unless it's a kitten, ill, or old.

AntiPam-we were posting at the same time, so I have to come back on to giggle at your "solar energy kitty" ! He he!

Alexnell has it right, 'plotting to take over the world'.

Or in my case, zezu is plotting to take over the birdcage, tirtlecage and fishtank.

------------------

Igor Inc. (c)2001

I have often wondered this. I'd like to rig up some sort of camera system to see where they go?

I'm sure it's nothing exciting - they are nearly always in when I get in. They are also not very keen on going out unless the weather is really nice.

I suspect they are sleeping. My two like to sleep all the time - day or night. I think they are the laziest cats in the world :-D

My outside cats are have a pattern of eat, sleep, play, hunt, eat, sleep etc.
    Maddie, inside, is different. I believe she sleeps all day too, but she does sleep some at night, so I think she is watching the outside cats play. I also think she watches TV,cooks an omelet and reads the paper.
    I live alone and my mom wants me to take my dog back to stay with me at night for a watch dog.(I had to stay with them awhile and now my dog, Angus, won't leave them)
    I told her that I had a watch kitty, because Maddie is up all night and she would definitely tell me if someone came in.

I have often wondered if Charlie the Terrible doesn't spend at least some time terrorizing Yertle the Turtle.
    I'm sure he spends most of the time sleeping, but I would be interested in knowing what he gets up to in between naps. I think the kitty-cam idea is a good one!

My cat, Scarlet, explores the house during the day. I find little presents and things that only she could reach out of place. She also takes the opportunity to sleep on the pillow (the "horrible" dog is gone!) She loves the quiet of the day since the house becomes her domain!

YOu guys have cool answers!
    Keep it going

------------------
    ~Maylo~

My cats find new and ingenius ways to fry my brain while I am at work. How about, for no apparent reason, knocking off everything on the bathroom counter weighing less than they do?
    Or, out of the blue, eating spanish moss used to decorate the bottom of a silk plant(LONG since gave up real plants as THAT was way too much temptaion for their little cat teeth) thus causing them to throw up..not in one spot...but 7 spots as they like to drag that out through the house!