View Poll Results: Have you ever misdirected an e-mail?

Voters
34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes I have.

15 44.12%
  • No I haven't.

19 55.88%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Have you ever misdirected an e-mail?

I once accidentally sent an email to my boyfriend's mother that was meant for a friend of mine. It was all about how cute this guy on tv is, etc. Was pretty humilating.

I replied to an E-mail joke/note.

It was from a person who sent it to their family members and they then sent it to their friends...It had to do with a person they were related to doing something stupid.

I sent a note back to the person who sent it to me telling him the person deserved the end result.

I replied to "All" by mistake and a few days later I got a nasty E mail from one of the orignators telling me that the joke was only meant for their family and no one else...

It was one of the "how dare you!-Never reply to this address again" messages..

I apologized and then I then blasted her by telling her that it's pretty stupid to think that
    sending out a message via e-mail didn't guarantee
    privacy and she should take it up with her stupid family for forwarding it around.

I had fun with it.

The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Yep, I've misdirected e-mails AND IM's - luckily nothing too embarrassing. My sister's husband tried setting up a separate mail box for her in their Internet account, so I sent her a long-winded e-mail all about what I'd been up to lately, blah blah blah. It went through OK, but the next day it came back to me as a reply, with the cryptic message "this is not meant for me - I am an old Scottish banker". I thought she was being a wiseguy or something (she lives in England), so I e-mailed her again, and once again I got a reply about the recipient being an old Scottish banker. Turns out her husband had told her the wrong e-mail address, and my e-mails really WERE going to an old banker in Scotland! Hope he enjoyed every detail of my boring life........
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

LOL! These stories are all so funny! I don't feel quite so bad now, although I see that according to the poll most of you haven't. I vowed I would be more careful after I did it the first time but, alas, I did it yet a second time. I guess I am a slow learner.

My husband had it done to him, several times, by the same person. They sent a TON of baby pics of their cute son...and we kept emailing them, saying that they had the wrong address, (but that their son was a cutie, none the less )....and they didnt catch on until like the 3rd or 4th email...duh!

Robyn

I've never misdirrected e-mails, nor IMs luckily. I received at least four that were sent by mistake to me, or I have the same name as the one they thought. I am sure it was not spam, there is no spam (of which I know of) in Romanian. I sent answers back with explanations and even got a thank you letter from one of the girls

My friend - a police detective had two boyfriends at once. They were prosecutors and shared the same office. She sent an sms to one of them with the name of the other That was a funny case. I was making fun of all three of them. Yeah, detectives!

Pam, this is funny to me because I have done the very same thing.

Even funnier because I have two friends........both with the name PAM! Both of their email addresses start with Pam@............

One of the Pam's is a business associate and I sent a long email explaining why we had to charge a client a different sales tax rate than our other clients.

OOOPPPSS, it went to the "other" Pam. She called me and said she didn't have a clue what I was talking about or why she needed to have this information. Thank goodness she let me know that the email had been misdirected.

It was a wake up call to me over how easy it is to not pay attention and direct mail to the wrong person.

Don't be too hard on yourself........it can happen to anyone.

I haven't ever sent the wrong email to someone, BUT, I did have one of the partners send me an email, saying, "Johanna, I don't think you meant for me to get this, did you"? I immediately freaked out, scrolled down and read the contents. As it turns out, he had mistakenly thought my girlfriend and I were talking about adopting a hooman, instead of a pet...the point of the email was to let everyone know of a potential pet adoption! Kind of funny. He said, "I didn't read it and have deleted it immediately". I was like, "WHAT? Read it! Do you know anyone that wants to adopt a DOG?" He he he he...

I have, rarely. Nothing important or funny resulted that I recall...

More often, at work I get notices to attend a meeting in Maryland IMMEDIATELY. (~3,000 miles away.) When I'm in a smart-aleck mood I respond that I'll be there, but want to confirm that THEIR program is paying the travel charges and all expenses. This usually provokes panic on the part of the sender. (A coworker with a similar name works in Maryland. He has a great sense of humor and we've admired one another's names...)
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

Someone sent me this (assumed) joke

A lesson to be learned from typing the wrong e-mail address!!!
    A couple from Minneapolis decided to go to Florida to thaw out during one particularly icy winter. They planned to stay at the very same hotel where they spent their honeymoon 20 years earlier. Because of hectic schedules, it was difficult to coordinate their travel schedules, so the husband left Minnesota and flew to Florida on Thursday, with his wife flying down the following day.

The husband checked into the hotel. There was a computer in his room, so he decided to send an e-mail to his wife. However, he accidentally left out one letter in her email address, and without realizing his error, he sent the e-mail.

Meanwhile, somewhere in Houston, a widow had just returned home from her husband's funeral. He was a minister of many years who was called home to glory following a sudden heart attack. The widow decided to check her e-mail, expecting messages of condolence from relatives and friends. After reading the first message, she fainted. The widow's son rushed into the room, found his mother on the floor, and saw the computer screen which read:

To: My Loving Wife
    Subject: I've Arrived
    Date: 16 January 2004
    I know you're surprised to hear from me. They have computers here now and you are allowed to send e-mails to your loved ones. I've just arrived and have been checked in. I see that everything has been prepared for your arrival tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing you then! Hope your journey is as uneventful as mine was.
    P.S. Sure is hot down here!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~