Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Oral Jewelry

Oral Jewelry

I have had to wear a PTFE barbell (basically translucent teflon) for the past week and a half due to my new job. I'm going out tonight, so I changed into a metal barbell. It's has never felt so good to slide a piece of metal through my tongue. The PTFE is great, but it can't beat the feeling of a steel bar. Sooooo I know that this topic has been done before, but what do you think of oral Jewelry? I will start by saying that it is NOT right for everyone and the girls that get their tongues pierced just so that they can play with it and try to act "sexy" is disgusting. I got my tongue pierced for me, basically to prove to myself that Yes, I am a grown up now and yes, I do have enough guts to get a 14 guage needle jammed through my tongue. I don't think that piercings define people. I have my tongue pierced, but I really am sweet and innocent- I've had maybe 5 or 6 cigarettes in my entire life and have never come into contact with ilegal drugs of any sort... Anywho, what do you think of oral jewelry?

Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I'm neutral i guess. Of course jewlry doesn't define someone but yeah people sometimes get it to try to define themselves. I've thought about getting it done, but too many things could happen to make me change my mind and I guess it isn't worh it. It's nice for a lot of people though. It goes well with people that don't get it to show off. What could e so sexy about a piece of metal anyways.. sheesh.

Just reading about it makes me almost faint. I won't be getting my tongue pierced in this lifetime! I'm a wimp but more power to you for getting it done
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Honestly, I would never even THINK of getting my tongue pierced. I can't even begin to imagine it. I'm fine with my ear piercings..........I want nothing more. Personally, I don't like piercings anywhere other than on the ears. It freaks me out.

Just a question. Doesn't having jewelry on your tongue hurt/annoy you when you eat?

Originally posted by popcornbird
    Just a question. Doesn't having jewelry on your tongue hurt/annoy you when you eat?
    When I was first pierced, the piercer had to use a very long 3/4 inch barbell. I wore that barbell for about 3 weeks and during that time I was miserable. My tongue swelled horribly at first, but once the swelling went away I was left with an unnecesarilly long bar in my mouth. During this time it did hurt to eat and I found that I kept biting the bar (though never hard enough to do any damage). Once my piercing was old enough, I was able to be properly fitted with a shorter barbell. Now it is almost impossible to bite my barbell and most of the time I can't even feel that it's there. So, no it doesn't annoy or hurt me. It is difficult to suck on a lollipop or to lick an ice cream cone because of the bar in the middle of my tonuge, but once the piercing is healed it isn't painful at all. COme to think of it, even the piercing itself wasn't painful for me. He just poked the needle up through the bottom and it was over in about 2 seconds. He had me count backwards from 3, but stuck the needle in when I got to two. Most of the time I don't even notice that it is there
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I rather like them, as long as they're not flaunted, as you said.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I am DYING to get a piercing - I used to have LOADS of holes in each ear, and one up at the top, but I let all but two in each ear close up when I got a "respectable"job. I really want to get my navel pierced when I get back down to my goal weight. (Both my daughters have theirs done, and I think it looks great). I also want to get a tattoo, but need to get that one past HUBBY first (it's right up there on the "NO" list with "more cats please!!"

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I'm not comfortable with it for the most part. I think its gross, actually. But I am always one to let people make their own choices in life. Its their body, so they can shove metal through their tongue. I worry about the hygenic aspect of it... that and the high tooth breakage part. My dentsit loves me as it is... can you imagine if I had a metal pole clicking against my teeth? LOL

I went out to dinner and the waitress played with her tongue ring the whole time we were placing our order. She click-clacked it all night, as if to say "what superior tongue muscles I have" bleeech. She certainly couldn't have been flirting with my husband, nor my son... the cute guy at the next table? Either way, it was gross and I don't need to see that anywhere. It should not be immediately obvious to the general public... I swear some people run around with their mouth gaping just so we can see it!

I like the reason you gave for getting your tongue pierced - it was a personal thing. Too many kids today are getting piercings because they think it'll up their status with friends (especially friends they might want to "get to know better")

PS: I like the purple stone - is that Amethyst? I like it because its not the basic silver ball thing... it is pretty.

They're fine with me. I like most piercings. But I can't get it because I'm a big wimp. I'd love to get a tiny nose ring, but it wouldn't be looked upon well at my office, so I can't really. But I think they are really pretty.
    I had my belly done, but removed it a while back. I'll probably have it done again.
    I don't care for the stretch holes, though.

I was eating dinner with a good friend last night, and the whole time he was playing with his tongue piercing. I don't know that I'd say it was gross, but it was distracting. I couldn't look at him with out starring at his mouth.

I see nothing wrong with them.

I like/love most piercings. The only ones that freak me are when people get the back of their neck pierced. I'd be too afraid to get my hair caught in it!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

To each his/her own, I suppose.

Whatever people want to do with their own bodies is their own business.

However, I do agree that it is very digusting and distracting to see someone constantly messing with their pierced tongue. Bleck. I find it practically impossible to carry on a conversation with someone who is doing that.

My personal thoughts on it: I would NEVER pierce anything that isn't already pierced, and that is my ear lobes. I think it is unattractive, distracting and makes my stomache hurt to even think about it.

But, I have a couple tattoos, and I know there are a lot of people that don't agree with that, either.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

infections

i cover an urgent care on the weekends, last weekend a man came in with a severe infection on his tounge centered on his piercing site. you've got to keep the area very clean, and don't use snuff/chewing tobacco as this man did . he's on a very expensive antibiotic for 3 weeks.
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Originally posted by Kfamr
    I see nothing wrong with them.

I like/love most piercings. The only ones that freak me are when people get the back of their neck pierced. I'd be too afraid to get my hair caught in it!
    I love piercings too! I never Knew someone could get the back of there necks pierced... But it sounds Gross

i think tounge piercings look pretty cool, but i wouldn't get one because i read that the piercing chips your teeeth after a while, plus my tounge a very sensitive and i can't stand having stuff changed in my mouth (i chipped a tooth alittle once and it annoyed me so bad i went to the dentist that day and had them smooth it down so it was like it was before lol)but i can't wait to get a belly button peircing!
    i like all kinds of piercings, but i don't like it when a person has every kind of piercing you can think of. then it just looks like they're trying to get attention.