Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Cheetah hurt her leg.....

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Awwww! I hope Cheetah is feeling better. What's with the leg boo boo's lately? Cheetah and Pouncer and Pepper ?? Must be Spring Fever causing them to act more energetic.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Re: Re: Cheetah hurt her leg.....

Originally posted by Marge
    > I can't stand when they are hurt, especially my cats, I just freak out. Everyone is telling me not to bring her to the vet but I have to. I cannot leave her in pain like that. That is cruel! <

Now now.......... we never said NOT to take her in, we said it sounded like it didn't warrant an emergency visit. Which it didn't....... She had a little cut on her foot, and yes she was in a little pain.

When you have animals you have to learn to see the red alert situations and separate anxiety from fact. When my horses are injured you should see me! Homer thinks I'm gonna have a heart attack. But I do know what is an emergency and what can wait. Now Jim turns into a puddle when his cat is hurting in any way. Constipated cats are not fun!

I must say I really enjoyed playing with Dylan. I had a blast! I forgot what it was like to have a young one around. All mine are old and moody now!
    hehe I thought you were gonna think I was referring to you LOL, but I was referring to a friend of mine who is a pain in the butt! I was telling the vet about her. She told me not to take her to the vet at all, that I could just do it myself. She always says stupid stuff like this all the time and sometimes I wonder why I adopted my rats out to her. She is a friend, but geez, sometimes she is just annoying. Her thing was, "it's just a cat".

Dylan had SOOO much fun with you! He really liked that tickle game, hehe! What was it? Ankle, knee, tickle? hahaha I will have to play that when he gets home.

I remember when I caught Tin Tin's tail in the door. He is Cheetah's brother but lives at the house. Anyways, when he was about 9 months old I went to shut the door, and shit it hard! Well I shut it on his tail, and he had to have part of it amputated. I freaked out and he sceamed so loud and immediately ran and hid under the couch. I had to run out and catch Dan as he was leaving for work. I had never gone so hysterical over a cat until this happened. I was pregnant too to top it off, so even more emotional! He had a very difficult recovery too, as the tech did not wrap the surgery site the right way and he got a major infection. It took about a month for him to heal. We got him neutered the same day, so he wasn't too happy with us.

Cheetah is doing great! The night after the vet visit she was acting a little dingy. I think the meds went to her head as she was really hyper like on catnip and her eyes were all dilated etc. I know she doesn't have worms now as I checked her poopies and they looked excellent. She's pretty much back to normal, except for the bald spot on her butt.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Glad Cheetah is recovering well.

And Cass, IMHO you don't post NEARLY enough pics of your cats!!! Getting that new camera soon??????

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    Glad Cheetah is recovering well.

And Cass, IMHO you don't post NEARLY enough pics of your cats!!! Getting that new camera soon??????
    As a matter of fact, I am getting it today!!!!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.