Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Murphy (long)

Oh Logan the tears are falling as I read your heart rending tale of Murphy.

I'll just pray and keep this much loved girl in my thoughts.
    I know how hard it is - and whatever happens may you receive the strength to go through and deal with things. xxxx

{{{HUGS}}} across the miles to you all.

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Oh Logan. I'm so sorry I didn't read this earlier. I alwas forget to check the dog/cat/pet health forums.

Your post brought me to tears. I can't even begin to imagine how hard this must be for you. Please know that your Murphy, and your family, will be in my prayers. If you need to talk, just let me know.

{{{hugs}}}

So sorry to hear this Logan. Our hearts and our prayers go out to you and Murphy.

Just hoping that each day will be a *good one* for the Murphy girl until it is her time to travel on. Sometimes I think this is harder on us than it is on them.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

It sounds as though

your dog is in a terminal stage of cancer where the weight loss is a condition known as cachexia. The blood work may show anemia and a drop in platlets.

You may wish to ask your Vet for the antibiotic Doxycycline. One of the main problems that may occur is secondary infection by bacteria due to a suppressed immune system. Opportunistics infections can become serious quickly. The Doxycycline is a wide spectrum antibiotic, and has some minor anti-infammatory properties. At this stage there is no reason not to give antibiotics as a preventative.

It's always a good sign the appetite is still there. A good opportunity for you to pamper your puppy with whatever it wishes to eat. You might consider addiing fish oil to the diet. Try 2000-4000 mg per day (for a large breed dog). The Omega-3s in the fish oil are ant-iinflammatory, and might help with any lactic acid imbalances. Besides most dogs will relish the taste of the fish oil- yummy. Speak with your Vet about administering Prednisone. It could make the puppy wee wee problem worse, but will make the dog feel more comfortable, especially one with arthritis. Also discuss with your Vet the possibility of administering low doses of Torbutrol (a doggy narcotic) to relieve any possible pain, if puppy seems restless. Doses as low as 2.5 mg can be effective. The less the better due to the sedating effect. It still puzzles me why it isn't precribed the first night after neutering or spaying, but that's another subject.

Logan, I'm so sorry to hear about Murph.

I hope there's some good news to come about your dear old girl. Will be sending lots of positive thoughts to Murph and your family and hope they help her get through this {{{hugs}}}
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Oh, Logan ... I know how it hurts. Prayers, positive thoughts and love on the way for your Murphy girl and you.

Chris

Miss Murphy will be in all our prayers. She's a grand old dame, and we hope her remaining time with the family will be as happy and comfortable as can be.

Logan, Logan, Logan.........
    Please understand that there's absolutely NO reason for you to apologize and say sorry.

We all know how deep your heart is, especially for your animals. Please, please keep us updated and i'll let you know that we're all here for you whenever you need us.

I am, however, sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'm afraid of looking in the Health and Memorial sections just because reading about heartbreaking stories such as yours... tears away at me.

Murphy, you pretty lady you, please comfort mommy, Scott, Helen, Andrew, and the rest of the family. They love you, as well as the rest of us do.

{{Hugs from the pups and I}} are being sent your way, Logan...

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I am heartbroken. I understand you saying only two years, and loving her so much. Rex is with me just one month now, and when I do not see a smile on his face, I flip out.

Murphy and you and your family are in my prayers.

Rosana
    and
    Rex

Just wanted to let you know that you and Murphy are in my thoughts constantly. We are keeping her in our prayers daily. We love you Murphy girl. {{{HUGS}}} Sandra, Cody and Star.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am sorry I came into this late. I will keep you and your Family and Murphy in my thoughts and prayers.
    Never apologize for long posts! That is what we are here for!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers

Logan,
    So how is your dear sweet Murphy getting along? Good I hope.
    Just wanted to let you know I was thinking about you both.
    Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Originally posted by Rachel
    Just hoping that each day will be a *good one* for the Murphy girl until it is her time to travel on. Sometimes I think this is harder on us than it is on them.
    Well said.

At least you know that Murphy looks to you and Scott as her parents, and knows that you will do whatever is best for her, and she , i am sure, in her times of pain, is ever so comforted to have your presence beside her each day...hope your doing well today...both mommy and doggie