Thread: The vibe at my house...

The vibe at my house...

Rizzo says, “Put ‘em up; put ‘em up! I’ll beat ya standin’ on one foot. I’ll beat ya with one paw tied behind my back. Put ‘em up….”

And don’t let Mr. Innocent Barliman’s appearance fool you. He started it!

They do this alllllllll the time. It’s not *fighting* fighting, and I’m not the least bit worried about them hurting each other. They don’t really seem to want to hurt each other. But at the same time, it’s not quite play, either. Is this normal?

I was having fun with the camera yesterday, and I got like 12 pics of this “fight.” I might post the whole sequence for you some evening when I have the time. It’s kind of amusing.

LOL: this is EXACTLY what Tigris tells Filou!

And Filou starts it most of the time

Same constellation- I just can't believe it

My boys LOVE each other and you'll see them rolling on the floor biting each other. To them its play. When you start hearing the serious growling and hissing, then you can start to worry, but the body language there doesn't seem to be threatening. They seem to be enjoying some buddy-buddy rough housing.

This is the "Stand off, dirty look, I could whip you if I wanted too, lets get this pecking order straight" stance! They are so funny and I think it's wonderful that you don't have to worry about them hurting each other. One of these days it will start like this and somehow will end up in play. I hope! A little fur may fly but I think these two are going to be buds!
    They look so darn cute together that they eventually must become snuggle friends!!! PLEASE!!

Re: The vibe at my house...

Originally posted by Twink
    They do this alllllllll the time. It’s not *fighting* fighting, and I’m not the least bit worried about them hurting each other. They don’t really seem to want to hurt each other. But at the same time, it’s not quite play, either. Is this normal?
    would the sequence look like this?
    Dylan and Eliot do the very same thing, day in and day out! This has been going on for five months I think is it quite normal!! They are just now starting to settle in and cuddle a bit. Dylan actually grooms Eliot often, but Eliot won't return the favor! He obviously enjoys his turn immensely, but then he swats Dylan!!
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 05-13-2004 at 10:34 AM.

.They do this alllllllll the time. It’s not *fighting* fighting, and I’m not the least bit worried about them hurting each other. They don’t really seem to want to hurt each other. But at the same time, it’s not quite play, either. Is this normal?

Yes!!! My guys do this ALL the time, It's a nightly ritual, it usually starts off as 'social grooming', which becomes a little harsher into light fighting, then suddenly it's paws up and airplane ears!!uh umm, that which I call brotherly love (a blind mommy is a happy mommy )....OR they fight over who gets the top seat in the cat tree....as soon as I can save up enough, I'm getting a second one, although I have sneaking suspicion they will still fight over the top seat...My boys are so cute..they fight and snuggle, then fight and snuggle, sometimes in the middle of a tussle, they give up and collapse into each other and fall asleep snuggling, lol - I think they are secretly best buddies.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Moose The Magnificent , and JJJ3 do thisALL The Time , only the other Day , JJJ3 got scratched in the mouth , and couldnt eat his Temptations!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

This is a regular event here, too!