Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My cat pees all over the house!!!!!!

My cat pees all over the house!!!!!!

Hey, My cat pees all over my house, and my dad is getting REALLY angry!!! What can I do? We've taken him to the vet and they gave him medicine, but it didn't help!!!!!!!!!!!!

My only suggestions are:
    --keep putting the cat into the litter box everytime he pees on the floor. Take his paw, gently, and rub the pee and then the sand with it too.

Also, put the litter box in a private place. No cats or humans that I've ever seen, like to be watched. Nevermind humans and cats, my turtle doesn't even like to be watched. I have Zezu's litter box in a small closet with the door open just enough for him to fit in. His own private bathroom. I've walked in on him a few times by accident, and he gives this shameful look, like he's saying "Hey, come on, get outta hear. hello! someone's in here, wait your turn." I just slowly back out as not to spook him. He usually bolts out asap.

------------------

Igor Inc. (c)2001

Hey, thanks, we have a dog and the docter said that it was just his bad attitude towards someone in our house. I personally think that it is towards our dog, because he never started doing it till she came along. No, Simon doesn't go outside. He never has. He is an 11 year old siamiese cat. I don't think he wants to take it to the pound, he just wants to make it a "outside cat" which probably wouldn,'t be a problem but, we got him declawed awhile ago. Thankx.

This is how I get my animals to stop peeing all over the house. The next time he/she pees find the cat pick the cat up and gently rub the cats nose in the pee, trust me cats HATE the smell of pee.
    BassetHoudn08

P.s. I hope it works

This is how I get my animals to stop peeing all over the house. The next time he/she pees find the cat pick the cat up and gently rub the cats nose in the pee, trust me cats HATE the smell of pee.
    BassetHoudn08

P.s. I hope it works

Oops sorry about that

If your cat is a male, then it is just marking it's territory. No big thing, but when he does it scold him, tell him it was wrong and that he is a bad cat. If it is a female, then maybe she has a bladder problem. See a vet about that.

------------------
    Sariah Biere ~ ~
    . . )___(

If your cat is a male, then it is just marking it's territory. No big thing, but when he does it scold him, tell him it was wrong and that he is a bad cat. If it is a female, then maybe she has a bladder problem. See a vet about that.

------------------
    Sariah Biere ~ ~
    . . )___(

We had a male cat that would spray around the house.
    The vet would give him female hormone injections every 3-4 months, and that would stop the problem.

Do you guys always post twice?

------------------

Igor Inc. (c)2001

Do you guys always post twice?

------------------

Igor Inc. (c)2001

Siamese cats are very prone to kidney disease and urinary tract infections. Sorry Sariah, you have got it the wrong way around - The males are more prone to it than females because they have "longer" urinary tracts (this is the opposite to humans where women have longer urinary tracts and are more prone to infections than men). If your cat has been to a vet then he has probably checked for this. Two tell-tale signs are:
    1) small droplets of blood or discolouration in the urine
    2) rather than lots of pee just a few drops

If either of these are present then you should get to a vet as soon as possible.

BUT...it does sound more like an environment issue - the dog? If the dog is an indoor/outdoor animal then it may be a good idea to keep her outdoors during certain times so that Simon can get some quality time in the house? How long has the do been around?

Troy.

I mean't to say...."how long has the DOG been around?"

This almost sounds like a behavioral problem. I would say that once you rule out anything medical, or anthing that could be stressing your cat (any changes, new dog?, something that has impacted the cat's environment) that it could be a behavioral problem. Our cat, Scooter, has the tendency to pee along the baseboards...and it's a lot...not just a few drops. We've tried everything...at first we thought it was a UTI, and the dr found some crystals in his urinary tract and gave us meds, but it didn't solve the problem. We keep the litter box very clean (some cats will go on the floor if the box isn't to their standards), we tried putting food bowls in places where he had peed, cuz cats don't like to eat where they potty. Pretty soon we had probably 10 bowls scattered around...he would just pick somewhere else to go. We finally tried putting him on medication, because the vet basically said there is nothing you can do with a behavioral problem except trying the valium or oviban. Still didn't work. So, now, our solution is we have to have him confined in his 2 story kitty playpen anytime we can't be around to watch him. It is a frustrating thing, but seems to be working for us. Luckily he is pretty sedentary, so he probably sleeps most of the day, and his playpen is right in front of our backyard sliding door, so he has something to watch. We let him out when we're home and can keep an eye on him. If he tries anything...back in the pen he goes!!!

Let us know what happens! Good luck!

Is your cat male or female? If it is male, have you gotten him neutered? If it is female, I really don't know.. I don't know why your cat would do that.. A dog doesn't seem like a logical reason to me!! LOL!!
    Good Luck!
    -Meow101
    (Mary)

------------------