Thread: How To Report Pet Store?

How To Report Pet Store?

Hi, I'm new to the pet talk area but have visited the photo pages daily for a long time. I hope someone here can help me. I was at the mall today and went to look at the dogs at the pet store; they look so sad and have no energy, they lay right on the metal over their own waste, they have no toys so they bite the metal cage door, it's so wrong that they live in these little cubes. Then one cage had two small dogs in it with green semi-diarrhea in their waste pan. There was a girl in the middle of cleaning the cages, but green feces just does not look healthy, these dogs need to be seen by a vet. I wish I had spoken up to the manager, I'm kicking myself that I didn't. I need to know what I can do now, should I call the store and complain to the manager, or do I call an animal agency or better business bureau? I don't know who handles complaints about conditions at a pet store (and would actually follow up on the matter). I'm in NJ, I don't know if there are variations by state on who to contact. Sorry for rambling a bit, I really appreciate your listening and thank you for your help.

Yikes, that sounds awful. Contact the local Humane Society, even Animal Control of that town's police department (the town the store is in). It's a place to start - they may redirect you to the right person/place, but they should know.

Good luck, let us know what you find out.

Thanks, Karen, for your advice. I'm going to look up some of the places you mentioned in my area and see what they tell me. No animal should live in conditions like that; that's why I can't stand pet stores and puppy mills. They never get the care they should. Thanks again.