Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What are some weird things your cats do?

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

What are some weird things your cats do?

I have several really flaky cats here! "Sweet Pea" loves to be stretched...hard to describe, but I ask her "do you want to stretch"? She jumps up and I put my fingers under her kitty armpits and she gets so into stretching that her little paws quiver. Then we have to do it the long way. I take her whole body and take both arms, and stretch her so she's sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo long it's incredible! This happens numerous times during the day lol! She also loves to be held upside down and hand fed crunchies one piece at a time. It really is cute because she grabs my hand the whole time and contols the whole show! If I try to kiss her, she shoves her feet in my face, and turns her head! She is such a funny cat and to think she was born wild! I caught her at over six months old...along with many others, and she has been such a joy in my life! She's getting old now, but is still full of surprises! And then there's "Chip" who is a nutcase! Later on him..NgRahHhpurrr" (Chip talk) Jan
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Allen loves ham and chicken, but you have to hand feed him it AFTER its been torn into itty bitty pieces. He needs his belly scratched, but only by my hubby or son. He'd never ask one of us girls to do it. then when we try, he walks away. If hubby or son ignore his initial request for scratches, then he gets insistent with strong headbumpies!

Pouncer is just a nut. He does what he pleases when he pleases and I just follow along

Oh I would love to see a picture of the loooooong stretched out kitty! How sweet! She sounds like she is full of personality! Isn't it amazing how some cats just like the weirdest things!

My weird one (aside from Magoo) is Leroy. He loves to cuddle in my lap but before he will come and get in my lap he has to do something bad. I always know when he wants to be held because he will start pulling on the speaker front, or clawing the screen, or attempt to shred the curtains. I start fussing at him to quit it and he keeps on. I fuss some more and threaten to come after him. After he has either made me get up to make him stop or he has me good and aggravated he will come crawl into my lap and chirp up a storm before he settles in for a nap. he is always welcome in my lap but he thinks he has to be nawtee first! I think he does it just so he can feel like he conned me and got away with it. Of course, he did!!! He's such a brat!

Zelda's weird habit... Every morning, when I get my shower, she has to get on top of the toilet and wait for me to get out. I'm greeted to this wonderful sight every single morning:

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

I'll Have to Admit.....

Chip is the absolute NUTTIEST cat I have ever seen! He is a black siamese aka oriental shorthair. He NEVER shuts up, always has something to chirp about. He cracks me up 24/7. If i'm doing the potty scooping, whacko Chip gets in the clean box and rolls around as I do the next one! I get done with the basement boxes, and then the next game begins. With a chirp, of a typical siamese ..GrrbbbdddHhh..he races me up the stairs! The game is..Chip wins...and he cheats! And he knows it lol! I tell him "YOU CHEATED CHIP"!! He knows it and trills back Gbrdhhhh....I tell him he's got four legs, and I've got two. But the game continues day in, and day out! He cracks me up BrrrPppfrfsdd! Jan
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

guster girl here. My RB cat, Justin, was over three feet long from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. He was so beautiful, and, he loved being stretched out, too! We'd lay him on his back, put our hands just under his arms, and, say "...s...t...r...e...t...c...h...", and, he would stretch so long! I have a photo of him doing it somewhere! I'll have to see if I can find it and scan it online!

Giz has taken to dominating the bathroom sink! I went in to brush my teeth last night and this is what I found. You think she moved or I went to bed with unbrushed teeth?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

The oddest thing that the Found Cats do , is to take an intense interest , to a small object ,then never ,ever , touch it again!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Another odd thing that they do ,is that they can pass each other , hunders of times, than all of a sudden , start pounding on each other.1 thank God , it doesnt last , but I find that curious!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Chuck does lots of funny things.... Like if I ask him "See Bug??" He runs all over the place staring at the ceiling and meowing his head off. If he can see even a sliver of the bottom of his food bowl, he cries so bad you'd think we were starving him to death. It has to totally full all the time. If it's not, no one is getting any sleep or peace because he meows incessantly and paws on the closet or cupboard doors so they bang over and over again. It's my fault...I've spoiled him rotten! I couldn't help it! He also expects to be picked up and put on my bed at night to go to sleep. He can get up there, but God forbid that I go to bed and not give him a "ride". He practically rips the covers off the bed to let me know that he is not pleased.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Mishi has this arm stretch thing he does - it's SO cute but I haven't been able to catch a picture of him doing it. He stretches one front paw at a time up on a wall - it's kind of like a kitty yoga stretch and looks like it feels SO good! He's also my singing cat and sometimes just meows for the sake of meowing. I can't figure it out.

Mitzi's strange thing .... hmmm .... her digging to China in the litterbox, habit of picking strange places to perch - the top of her litterbox, my PC, the bottom rung of a stepladder and precariously perched on the piles of pillows on my loveseat in the living room.

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Dylan has a couple weird things - they are some sort of communication that I do not understand! Eliot has one also.
    Dylan is too polite to wake me up in the morning, so what he does is get a couple inches from my face and just stare. (never stepping on me) Hubby has seen him do it many times. If I do not wake up, he goes off for awhile. So, many mornings, the first thing I see are green eyeballs!!!
    The other thing both Eliot and Dylan do. They will come running into the room with great enthusiasm - head right to me - come up and touch noses with me - then off they go! I *think* it is just a little kiss but I am not sure. They both seem so focused when they come in!! Like an excited kid with something to tell me but they never hang around lng enough and don't try to get me to come with them, either.

Tito will wait on top of the toilet for me to get out of the shower too! And if I take a bath, he paces back and forth on the edge of the bathtub until I get out. He's only fallen in once but it was SO hilarious! He also likes to be stretched out. He gets so totally relaxed when he sleeps that I can move him around however I want and he doesn't wake up. He also rolls around in the just-scooped litter box, especially if I put new litter in it!

His weirdest and most annoying habit is purring in my ear. He will literally put his little nose in my ear and purr as loud as possible. He gets an occasional lick in too. While he purrs, he puts one paw on each side of my head and kneads my hair. I think he thinks I'm his cat mommy! This is really cute when I first get home from work, but super annoying at 4:30 AM. In fact, I had to kick him out of my bed four times last night because he was purring in my ear and driving me NUTS!

Well, Rizzo has his seal fetish. That's one of the quirkiest quirks I've ever heard of, if I do say so myself!

He also feels that it is his job to try to bury any dry cat food in the house that is not currently being eaten. We have to carpet-tape his food mat down, or else he'll upset the bowls trying to bury! Now that there are two cat food dishes in the house, the poor thing is wearing himself out!

He begs, cries, and pleads for wet food, and then snubs it. And tries to bury it.

He thinks post-shower tub water is the BEST water that can be had!

While he is a VERY finicky eater where food is concerned, given half a chance, he will eat any and all string like it's spaghetti (YES, I know this is very dangerous, and we knock ourselves out trying to make sure that there's no string he can get to!)

He makes a very human-sounding "nnf nnrrf unh" grunt of frustration when he can't get what he wants, or if the universe is not aligned to suit his whims. I love that noise. I find myself making it when the ocassion warrants!

He plays chase-tag-and-wrestle with his daddy like a puppy dog.

My goodness, I love my little bundle of personality absolutely to pieces!!!!!!!

Barliman, now, has only been with us for 2 weeks, so he hasn't let any of his quirks loose yet. The only thing I can tell you is that he is SUPER polite. He loves attention, but when he walks up to me, he’ll sit right next to me or in front of me and wait patiently for rubs and pets. He NEVER climbs on a lap or invades space. If I pick him up and put him on my lap, he stays there and purrs, but never presumes to step on me without leave! Even when he begs for belly rubs, his face has a “Pardon me, if it’s not to much trouble, might I have a bit of a rub?” expression as opposed to Rizzo’s “PLEASE give me belly rubs, you KNOW you want to give me belly rubs, how about a belly rub, huh, or I’m just gonna DIE, oh please oh please oh pleeeeeease!”

I forgot another of Dylan's quirks. He hides his toys in his catfood dish. Always something in there by morning

And TWINK - Barli and politeness? - this is Dylan too!!! Such gentlemen!