Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My cat won't come home

Some cats just seem to have a thing for peeing over holes or into water - I had a boyfriend whose cat always peed in her water bowl, and my mom had a cat that used the toilet without being trained. Maybe you could get one of those cheap dish drainers that fit into the sink to keep her out of it in the future.

Hi Bluey,
    How is Mushroom? My Taboo always bolts to break out into the free world, but I stop him and shake a newspaper to discourage the thought. He will always wish he could be outside. I got a long string and a cat leash and he did very well camping with the family. Perhaps leash walking would be enjoyable for Mushroom. Taboo even will get in his "taxi" to get fresh air now and then.

Thanks for your response TabooKitty. Things have settled down for Mushroom. I have to let her out though. I do live in a small apartment and she goes nuts if I don't let her out and I hate holding her back. I grew up with cats going in and out of the house so its hard for me to keep her in unless she's sick. Over the weekend she had a bluejay chasing her around my apartmnent building. Yes, the bird was chasing her. It would fly up to her and sit in front of her and fly away when she pretended to chase it. It cherped loudly and when Mushroom would walk away with no interest, it would swoop down and dive at her. My neighbours said it did this to her all day Saturday and Sunday. They were laughing about a bird chasing a cat. Poor Mushroom. She's not the sharpest nail in the toolbox.

The bluejay, whether it be male or female, will aggressively defend its nest. Mockingbirds and purple martens will also attack other birds, animals, and even humans who they perceive to be too close to their young.

Glad to hear Mushroom is Okay. Watch out for thosenasty bluejays. I've seen them gang up on BIG DOGS! We have tons of them here, and they squawk at Taboo and scare him. Maybe Mushroom needs to be in Day Care when you work?