Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's he mixed with??

He could even be purebred Lab...he reminds me a lot of Dogz's, Chubby...especially in this pic.

The only thing that makes me think he might have a little bit of Golden in him is the fur. He just seems a little bit "furrier" than Guster Girl's Lab pup, Finn.

He COULD be purebred lab but I don't think so. He is a little bit hairier than a labrador...I think. All the lab puppy's I've seen look less hairy. Also his brother's had white on them, and they were black labs. Of course, we don't exactly know if these were his brothers, but there is a good chance. Then there was Furball.... lol.
    All I can say is Labrador mix I guess.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I'm gonna go feed him and play with him. You should have more pictures...if he's good that is. (If you guys are sick of pictures, I don't have to post any)

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I'll tell you what he is! He's 1/2 lab, 1/2 angel! He is soooo cute.

Thank you Wolfie!

Looks like a normal chubby fuzzy yellow Labrador Puppy with me, with nothing mixed in him. He has the head of a Lab (a little blocky since he is male), the body of a Lab, the otter tail of a Lab, the coloring of a yellow Lab, the ears of a Lab, the big webbed paws of a Lab, etc.

Just because Labradors have *some* white on them does not mean they are mixed, Labradors can have some white on them when there are glitches in their genetic make-up.

If he would happen to have anything mixed in him it would be Golden Retriever, which might explain for his slightly shaggy fur.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

First off, Major is utter CUTENESS!! I just love him so much!

Secondly I agree with YellowLabLover in that I personally think he looks like a full breed. But time will certainly tell, and as he grows older other characteristics may come out.

We have a yellow lab/golden retreiver mix, Malone. He is like 85% yellow lab and 15% golden ret., or something like that. He is much darker yellow/golden than your average pure yellow lab (not that that matters, mind you! )

Here are some of his baby pictures....as you can see, Malone is much darker in color than Major.

p.s. This thread makes me so homesick for my itty bitty baby. But I love my big galoofity grown up boy.

I guess what I'm trying to say is, enjoy every minute of Major's babyhood, MariaM, 'cause it flies by way too quickly!!

I have always thought Major looked like he had some golden retriever in him.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Thanks Tonya, he sure is an angel. Sometimes he gets mischevious (like when he got out of the yard) but he is so cute that I usually don't get mad at him.
    To the rest of y'all.
    Malone sure was cute when he was small! But I like the grown up pictures as well! I want to start a scrapbook for Major but I think that might be a while. I need to "invest" in one.

Oh, he's so cute! I agree with everyone else - Major's definitely mostly lab, maybe even purebred. He's so cute! ^_^

That's so great that everything is working out well with him, and you are keeping him now.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

Yeah it is good things are working out a lot better. This week I might post another thread with pictures of him. I like taking pictures, but I can never get any good ones. They're basically all of him sitting down because that's all he does lol. He follows me around the yard and sits so it's hard to get some interesting ones. I hope he gets a lil darker when he grows older. I've always liked the darker yellow better than the white/yellow color.