Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's he mixed with??

What's he mixed with??

I was just wondering what Major was mixed with. We are very sure is part lab, but we don't know what other breed/s is/are in him. It's probably too early too tell, we think he's about 14 weeks now.
    I'm not sure if they were in previous pictures, but he seems to be developing 2 white stripes along his back And his legs are getting longer, maybe he'll be another Nala
    I'll put some pictures if you want, in the next post.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

For some reason, I'm seeing Rottweiler in the shape of his head or face or something. Whatever he is, he sure is cute.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I don't think I see rottweiler , my black lab and also my uncles yellow lab had that same "chubby" looking face, he looks like mostly lab to me.

Also, just wondering, what happened after with all the SPCA talk and the barking and also the living conditions for Major??

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

There is one white stripe.

Major and I.

White stripes.

White stripe.

Going under the shed.

Yawwwning

Also, just wondering, what happened after with all the SPCA talk and the barking and also the living conditions for Major??
    I think when my mom mentioned the SPCA she was just joking. She has that kind of sense of humor. Lately she's been saying "I think he's a keeper"
    He doesn't bark nearly as much. I still think he was just getting used to us.
    Do you think he has some golden retriever in him?

He looks like he is mainly Labrador Retriever.

Major is adorable!

I love the last one where he is yawning! Keep taking pictures, they grow up so fast!

He looks golden to me, too. And, I don't think his face looks chubby, just wide....that's why I said rottie. Like some other wide headed breed. He looks almost pure bred to me, but, she asked what else he was mixed with, so, I was just guessing. If he has anything other than retriever, it's not all that obvious yet.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

He looks mostly Lab to me...maybe mixed with Golden Retriever.

I don't think those are really white "stripes," it's just a lighter spot in his coloring that will probably even out eventually. I've seen a lot of yellow Labs that have those.

Either way, what a cutie pie.

I remember from a later post I read of yours that you mentioned he stays outside most of the day...does he still??? I really hope that since you mentioned he's getting a little bit better with the barking that he is able to spend more time in the house with his family.

My first guess would be Golden as well. I think Anna's Malone is a golden/lab. I think Malone looks purebred and would have never guessed there was golden in him so maybe Major is as well?

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

I thought he looked a little bit like golden retriever, I guess it will be easier to tell when they grow up.

Unfortunately, no, he can't come in the house at night. I'm glad you people aren't holding it against *me* though. But, if he can't come inside, then I will go outside.
    I thnk he knows he's 'my' dog. He comes to me a lot more, and is more excited to see me. That makes me feel good!
    And, today, my sister saw him in the front yard. I guess there is a part in the back where he got out. We covered it up though. The good thing is, he was back at the gate, and he WANTED to come back in, so that also made me feel good. (he went in my neighbors yard from the gate, down into our alley part, into our frontyard, and to the gate!

I guess we'll never really know for sure, but thats ok. I also thought it didn't look like the "labrador" face. Maybe it was just me though. He definately has the Labrador eyes though!
    I really don't care if he has the white stripes when he's older, if he did, he would like unique!

Dogz: He is sooo adorable! Thank you! And I know, I am going to be taking lots of pictures. I don't want him to grow up on me too fast! That yawn one was actually luck!

Originally posted by MariaM
    And, today, my sister saw him in the front yard. I guess there is a part in the back where he got out. We covered it up though. The good thing is, he was back at the gate, and he WANTED to come back in, so that also made me feel good. (he went in my neighbors yard from the gate, down into our alley part, into our frontyard, and to the gate!
    Kai did that when he was really young. We lived at our old house and my mom left the back gate open for some reason. My dad let Kai out (weird..because he usually has nothing to do with the dogs) and left him out there for at least an hour. When my mom came back, Kai was still there, sniffing the garage. It's scary but it feels good to know that your dog knows to stay around.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

It's scary but it feels good to know that your dog knows to stay around.
    Exactly!!

I don't really see any Golden Retriever in him. But yes, he definately has a lot Lab in him. Maybe mixed with some Shepherd?