Thread: Do they ignore your things?

Do they ignore your things?

I was wondering if anyone's dogs are like this...

We'll leave tons of stuff on the floor -- magazines, the TV changer, pillows, blankets, movie cases, shoes...right by the dog's toys sometimes. Yet, they never touch them. They completely leave our things alone. It's not something i've taught them either. I've heard many stories from friends and all how they can't leave things on the floor without their dogs tearing it up.

Do your dogs ignore your things, or do they play with them as their own?

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Tasha leaves everything alone really. Tommy it depends.. he has a dish towel 'fetish' as I have mentioned in the past. He also will grab/chew my house slippers the instant he finds any opportunity to, yet leaves all other shoes alone, and leaves the throws/cushions on the furniture alone as well as placemats on the table. He will shred a paper towel if it's in reach but leave a piece of paper laying where it is on the floor. I guess he just takes a fancy to certain things but for the most part I trust both of them.

Now, when they were both under a year old, anything was fair game.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Lacey will chew things up and will even steal things. Mandy,if she does take something just carries it around, she never was much of a chewer. Lacey by the way, is almost four and we still can't really trust her although she has gotten better.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla

Malone: NO WAY! It has taken us a LONG time to get where we are now and even now he still tries to get away with being nawtee. He just *loves* dirty clothes, trash, kitty toys etc. etc. He has really started settling down, and I am trusting him more and more. His "latest" thing is bookmarks.

Emerson: On the other hand, Emerson does NOT touch anything that doesn't belong to him. He doesn't go after trash, dirty clothes, cat toys, or anything!

Zoey is great about it and although she may sniff at something on the floor or nudge at it, she immediately leaves it alone.

However, Moose is not that good. Apparently, anything on the ground...well, that's his.

depends on what it is. stuffies, shoes, socks, paper, if left on the floor will be gone in a jiffy, shoes they dont destroy they just steal them and leave them laying around the house somewhere causing us to be late for things because we have to do a shoe hunt before we leave. papers just get shredded during play, socks stolen and dragged all over the house, and stuffies destroyed. electronic stuff has never been touched. but we cant even put food on the table without watching it like a hawk, my friend can put food on the floor and leave the house and her dog wont touch it at my house it would be gone before it hit the floor.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by cali
    my friend can put food on the floor and leave the house and her dog wont touch it

Same here. It comes in handy, because I often eat on the floor in front of the TV... and sometimes I forget to get a drink.. so I have to get up and get it, and i leave the food there while I do.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Food now way is it left alone Merlin miss food. He is pretty good about most things except MY stuff animals he lays claim to all that arrive in the house .

Ours are really good about leaving our things alone. Mymom is always saying, "I don't know how you can leave food on the table like that!" Even we are not home, they know what is onthe tables is our, what is on the floor is pretty much theirs.

If it's clothes on the floor, the dogs roll around on them and then make a "nest" and go to sleep on them.

Other than that, they pretty much leave stuff alone.

That is ... when we are in the room. Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of unsupervised terriers ....
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Jada doesn't touch anything, neither does Riley.
    Kito is pretty good, but once I left an LL Bean catalog on the coffee table when he was left in the living room, and came home to it shredded to bits. Never any other catalog or magazine though, guess he just didn't like what they had to offer!!

Abbey is my mischevious one--dish towels, bath towels, socks, underwear , bed sheets, comforter--it's all fair game for her. She loves to get her nose in the closet doors and see what "treasures" she can find in there.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Bella is very much improved from her old 'nawtee' ways. Nowadays all she does pretty much is stick her head into the low trash cans looking for tissues (used or otherwise ). Ripley also mostly leaves things alone although I think Bella has taught him that fun things can be found in trash cans because just the other day I caught him on his hind legs with his head in the trash can.

Josie never touches anything on the floor (which can be a lot sometimes..like..in my room for example XD) Zeke sometimes rips up tissue, but that's about it. They're good pups My sisters dog, when I was looking after him, got so hyper that if anything was around his toy he'd end up playing with it as well T-T

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

They are generally very good But.....

Clover has a book fetish/ or did have she has not chewed books up in a while.

And Elvis being a michevious pup will take anything and everything, so he has to be watched pretty much constantly.

Penny and Theo both like shoes and slippers, but only Penny chews them up *Nawtee dog*

Oh and i just looked on the floor and someone has had fun ripping up a news paper. I had better clean it up.

I forgot food as well, anything in dogs reach is theirs they think.
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I have to say I have 3 very good dogs.

Huney, she of course has never touched anything since the first day we brought her home, but Angus as a pup (he was terrible, anything he could find he would tear up...even the corner of our house ). But Roxey was very good and even as a pup would never touch any of our things.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets