Thread: swollen glands

swollen glands

Hi, I am new here, the site was recommended to me. I am looking for information, today we noticed our dog has swollen glands. She is part schnauzer and part terrier, 2 1/2 years old. Other than the swollen glands she seems to be fine, eating, drinking and acting like normal.Since she is like one of our children this must have just started or we would have seen it sooner. We called the vet as soon as we noticed it and they could not see us today. Now of course it is driving me crazy.
    Thanks for any info,
    Sandarr

I have no idea maybe dogs are like people and their glands swell with viral type illnesses. I am wishing you and your pooch the best.

Welcome we hope you will enjoy this place it's just a wonderful place to hang out. But we are only pet owners not a vet (we do have some here but without seeing you pet they won't give advice)
    You should take you pet to see a vet , thats the only way to really find the problem . Hope she is found with nothing serious.

You did the right thing to call your vet. I am sure you told them why you wanted to see the vet so just keep an eye on her and make sure you take her in the earliest the Vet can see her. You stated that she was eating and acting normal so that is good.
    It is so frustrating when our pets are having problems but if you have made sure the Vets office knows what is going on, you've done your best. Just remember if she looks like she is in distress, don't wait for an appointment, take her either to her Vets or a veterinary emergency clinic.

Thank You

Thank you for all the replies, our dog went to the vet had blood work done and it came back that it is an infection. Not uncommon with schnauzers. So she is now on Clavamox for 14 days. Sorry it took so long to get back to thank you, it has been a rough couple of days with a sick dog and also a child in the army deployed.
    Sandarr