Thread: KY Humane Society euthanized 45 cats

KY Humane Society euthanized 45 cats

I don't even know what I think about this. Was there anything that could be done? Please read this article.

http://www.channelcincinnati.com/new...17/detail.html

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I think it was probably the best thing to do. No kitties will have to suffer, and it won't be passed on outside of the shelter. Poor kitties never got a home...
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

That is VERY sad! I had an outbreak of Feline Distemper when I was living in CT. I had rescued 2 mamas and their babies. They went down hill VERY fast. I felt totally helpless. I was told by my vet that I shouldn't take in any more babies for one year, as Feline Panleukopenia stays airborne for up to one year.

It is a very deadly disease that causes pain and suffering. I think sirrahved is right that it probably WAS the best thing to euthanize them in this case. At least they didn't have to suffer.

RIP sweet kitties!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

How sad. I would never want to have to make that decision! However difficult to accept, I CAN see that it was nessesary for the greater good.........like when all the cattle had to be destroyed in entire areas to prevent foot and mouth from spreading.

I suppose all we can do it hope that medical science continues to progress, and eventually finds cures for all these terrible diseases!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

It stays airborne for up to a year???? I find that puzzeling since you would disinfect the house etc. I haven't seen the story on the news since we have the dish t.v. we dont' get the KY stations. I see from the site Cincinnati station picked up story.
    I'll have to pay close attention. I feel it was in best interest of the animals. Sounds like an awful disease.

That story was on our local news last week here in East TN.

Very sad.

From Decker with Love

Originally posted by Craftlady
    It stays airborne for up to a year???? I find that puzzeling since you would disinfect the house etc. I
    I can believe that! I lost a Ridgeback puppy to Parvo virus some years ago, and was told by the vet to destroy all the bedding, etc, and not to get another dog for at least 6 months.

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.