Thread: More strange behavior from Paizly

More strange behavior from Paizly

This morning Paizly seemed antsy. She hardly ever meows and if she does it's only a couple small quiet meows. This morning she was meowing her head off and just walking all over the house almost like she was looking for something. She stuck her head under the couch and tried to crawl under it. But she's too big now (she hid under there when she was a kitten). She looked under the blanket on the chair. She just walked around the hallway meowing. I was very concerned. You know how sometimes you hear about cats doing things like this when something is wrong.
    So I went to her and was asking her what was wrong. She went to the bedroom door. So I opened it and checked on Taggart and Bruce. Both were fine. She went into the bedroom and straight under the bed. That is her "safe place" if strangers are at our house. So I left her there and continued my morning. When I left for work she was still under the bed.

What could have been making her act so weird? I keep thinking she's feeling the weather change and possible an earthquake is coming. LOL Leave it to me to think crazy things like that.
    But really, the weather changes drastically in just 24 hours. The temp dropped 40 degrees from one day to the next. Could that be it?

Oh, and my title says "more" strange behavior because shortly after Taz passed she had a strange morning where I'm pretty sure she was seeing Taz. That hasn't happened since.
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

This is weird. Once, my girls ran around a lot when a storm was announced, even though the storm itself didn't turn out to be so bad in the end. But maybe they felt something, something in the air... Anyway, I hope no natural disaster is coming you way.

Another thing I had to think of when I read your post... It was only yesterday that I read about epileptic seizures in cats (because it happened to a friend's cat), and a behavior like this was described as prior to the seizure itself. I sure hope it's not that, but better watch her for the next hours. Or could it be she's traumatized due to the loss of Taz? And who knows what else they are able to perceive with their senses! My Lily, who is usually a happy girl, is acting very strange whenever something's wrong with Luna, or me. It scares her terribly.

Whatever it was, I hope Paizly is back to her old self by now!

Could be weather related. We have had unusually hot weather, and have thunderstorms due this afternoon; a few of mine are acting odd. Hard to explain, but not like they are usually.

Could be she sensed a presence, Taz or other.

With cats, there are so many possibilities; you just have to observe and be comfortable ruling out health stuff, then enjoy the mystery!

Kirsten, Taz passed 3 years ago. I don't think it's that she's traumatized by that. But maybe she did see him again. And now she is just more comfortable with his presence. Last time I thought she saw him she sat in one spot right inside the door and peeked out and down the hall. She wouldn't move from that spot.

Also, Sandie, I heard on the way to work we could get rain today. So it very well could be due to the weather.

I will have Bruce keep an eye on her. Hearing about the seizures worries me. Maybe she was looking for a place to hide (trying to get under the couch) and found peace under the bed finally.

Thanks for the responses and ideas ladies. Much appreciated. I'll update if there is anything new.

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I agree, after three years, she shouldn't be no longer traumatized, but who knows... maybe she felt his presence when he stopped by for a visit... I'm sure there are many things in this world we are not aware of, but our animals are.

I didn't me to scare you regarding the seizures, it's just one possibility, out of many, and if nothing happens over the next hours, I'm sure she's fine. But it's a good thing if Bruce can keep an eye on her, just in case...

If you go to General, Karen is asking if anyone wants a reading on Saturday with the pet psychic on radio. It can't hurt.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Spunky and Emily do that every now and then. They usually want something though.

My RB Maggie, who didn't like to cuddle, stayed glued to my shoulder several hours before a hurricane in the late 80s or early 90s. We knew it was coming and school was cancelled ahead, but before the skies even showed anything, she was upset.

Our critters are aware of a whole other dimension.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    If you go to General, Karen is asking if anyone wants a reading on Saturday with the pet psychic on radio. It can't hurt.
    Karen messaged me regarding this too. Thanks!

So I talked to Bruce and he said she is acting strange........but in a good way. She was playing with toys in the hallway and it was bothering him while he was trying to sleep. He said she is fine.
    So I'm going to have to guess that maybe Taz did visit and she was just agitated because of it.