Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ricky Update

Ricky Update

I had to call the Vets today and told him that Ricky is in so much pain that he has not eaten since Monday and he cries out when he tries to go potty. He just lies in a corner and moans. I don't like seeing him suffer so.
    The Vet gave me some pain medication for him and it is helping a bit. He actually ate a little and drank quite a bit of water. He is still hurting especially since I have to put that medicine right into his wound twice a day but he looks better. He is also on antibiotics so time will tell.
    The girls (Lucy Tu & Desi Lu) hadn't eaten either until he finally started eating. They are all three like siblings. Fight one minute but let anything happen to any of the others and they are miserable.

Oh, Ricky. I am so sad that the pain is so bad. Hang in there, MH Mama and Ricky. I hope that things will start looking up soon!!

Logan

Oh Mama, poor little Ricky I sure do hope the pain medic. and antibiotics do the trick. It must hurt you so seeing him in such pain. What devoted little sisters he has in Lucy and Desi Eat up kids...you need your strength! Please give Ricky a gentle hug for me. Get well soon, sweetie!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Poor Ricky I'm sorry to hear he isn't feeling well. I'll be sending some positive thoughts that he feels better soon.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh Ricky... get better soon, okay?
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Ricky is doing a little better today and has his appetite back but still can't go potty. How long is too long for him to go without going? He acts like he wants to go but then it is obvious that it hurts and he stops.

http://www.worldisround.com/articles/11809/index.html

I'd give the vet a call now, just to let them know. It's been about 12 hrs. now, right? Oh, poor Ricky Please check back after you've spoken with him/her.

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

More updates

I gave Ricky one of his pain pills, waiting 45 mins and then carried him out to his favorite "potty spot" and after much coaching and plenty of sympathy, he did his business.
    Afterwards, I cleaned him up and put him back on his favorite pillow (covered with chux of course) and he went right to sleep.
    What a relief for both of us.

Whew!!!!! Hang in there, Ricky!!! I'll be anxious to hear how you're doing when I return on Monday!!!!!!

Re: More updates

So glad that Ricky finally went potty.
    What a relief.
    I hope his meds do the trick.

----<---<--<{(@

Good boy, little man Whew, is right! Hope you're doing better today Ricky Check in when you can!
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 04-26-2004 at 12:02 PM.

Oh poor little guy Is it because of his prostate still? I know we didn't have Angus neutured unitl he was 10 (we did it because he had an enlarged prostate too-didn't know that could happen at the time). He also had a hard time doing his business for a few months after.
    I hope he's feeling better.

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

How ya doin' Ricky? Have your mama check in when she can. Paws crossed that you're doing better, sweetheart

Ricky is doing a lot better. He still has a hole and we are still giving him medicine but he has finally perked up. He goes back to the Vets on Wednesday so we will see what he says then.
    Thanks to everyone for your prayers. Ricky really appreciates it as I do.

Precious, Ricky, I'm so glad you are back to normal. I hope you will continue to heal and that your vet visit on Wednesday will bring a good report, sweetheart.