Thread: Signs, signs, everywhere signs

Signs, signs, everywhere signs

I do a lot of driving in my new business...and it never ceases to amuse me the names of businesses in the great midwest passages (aka I70, I44, I65, etc)

A few choice notices of late(and they are real)

"Bob And Sherrills Eat Here and Get Gas" (proof that food emporiums and gas stations should not be allowed to 'marry')

"The Powhatan Food Motel"
    (I didn't know peas and carrots had a place to go for an overnight rendezvous?)

25 half-mile spaced billboards announcing that I MUST stop and buy... "walnut bowls" ...(don't ask, I didn't stop to find out)

Restaurants with names like "The Feed Lot", "The Happy Cow"(complete with 5-foot tall plastic bovine on roof), and "Cookin From Scratch" (which wouldn't have been so bad, but the mascott is apparently a 10-foot plastic chicken posed in "scratch" mode---I grew up with 1000 plus chickens - this is NOT an appetizing quality, particularly if you knew what they typically scratch around in)

A sign on a tattoo parlor in Bloomington, Indiana that reads
    "tattoos while you wait"......What, like there's a choice here? "Hey Spike, how about I leave my left butt cheek for a quick butterfly, I'll pick it up next Tuesday" while you wait, indeed!

There was also a restaurant/gas station combo that had one of those glass presentation cases next to the checkout counter, usuallywhere gum and candy is kept. During the Christmas season, one of these was filled with paper shreddings, and in the middle was a "manger scene" but the holy family was depicted by varying sizes of ketchup bottles, including a tiny "baby Jesus" complete with a Heinz logo!!

On a commuter flight, I picked up one of the information sheets in the seat pocket, and the first line said, IN ENGLISH
    "If you cannot read or understand English, advise your flight attendant now"

What goes through people's minds?
    Last edited by tuxluvr; 04-22-2004 at 06:34 PM.
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

Re: Signs, signs, everywhere signs

Originally posted by tuxluvr

On a commuter flight, I picked up one of the information sheets in the seat pocket, and the first line said, IN ENGLISH
    "If you cannot read or understand English, advise your flight attendant now"

What goes through people's minds?
    Hahaha this one made me LOL

Re: Re: Signs, signs, everywhere signs

Originally posted by Nomilynn
    Hahaha this one made me LOL

Same here! LOL
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Too funny!!! I love the tattoo one....seriously, doesn't the sign maker correct these people???
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Too funny!!! I love the tattoo one....seriously, doesn't the sign maker correct these people???
    Well, that labors under the assumption that the sign maker has a better command of language than the customer....

A stellar example of this: I received a business advertisement in the mail that was informing of an upcoming management seminar - this was a 4-page 3-color slick-paper flyer, and those of you in the ad business know that isn't cheap...

The very top announcement said

ATTENTION: Office MANGERS!

Yes kiddies, spelling matters! It could have been a great seminar, but I laughed and threw it in the trash - if they can't get their title right, imagine the quality of the seminar??
    "Everything is better when Ritz sits on it......or in it"

I would love to see the Nativity Scene with Ketchup Bottles!
    You have an observant eye for these oddities!
    You and Jay Leno get a great laugh from these contradictions.
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Ugh.....Bill said it best "Here's your sign!"

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

This thread is from two years ago..
    See ALL my pets here
    Dogs:Pixie.Shrek
    Cats:Milo.Duck.Hank.Molly.Zoe

R.I.P:Thunder.Rockee

Quote Originally Posted by buttercup132
    This thread is from two years ago..

Buttercup, We have been informed that the Pet Talker (Tuxluvr) who initiated this thread has recently passed away. These threads are being brought up so some of us can remember the wit and wisdom which she so kindly shared with us.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Oldies but goodies! This thread just shows that nothing changes much, and what was funny two years ago is still funny today! I truly hope dear Tuxluvr will find some funny signs on the Pearly Gates when she walks through, after all, laughter is a gift from God!