Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Look What The Cat Drug In

Look What The Cat Drug In

I don’t know if you all remember Mr. January, the cat that started hanging outside our house? Well he still hangs out, although I really believe he belongs to someone in the neighborhood since he’s well cared for. Anyway, I discovered this poor little guy in his mouth the other night. He was bleeding and about in shock. We set him up a place in the bathtub, away for all our cats. I was positive he wouldn’t make it through the night, but look at him! He is eating, sleeping, and has most of his feathers. He’s just too young to fly yet. Kevin named him Porkchop (you know how all the cartoon cats look at their intended dinner as a steak/chop?)

Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

How unfortunate, yet fortunate for Porkchop....he was almost dinner for Mr. January but fate stepped in and Mr. January brought you a present that you were able to save. What a cutie Porkchop is.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

That was Good , that you were able to get that bird , from Mr. January. The Poor Thing must have been terrified! I remember , when my Mother , Bless Her Memory , took a bird from Lester , The Hunter Cat! And he never trusted her again , and would even run , with his Catnip Mouse , if my Mother came too close!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aww, I'm so glad you saved him. Looks like you and Kevin are our modern day Dr. Doolittles. You seem to have the magic touch will animals.

From Decker with Love

Awwww, that's the cutest little near-dinner I've ever seen. Do you know what kind of bird he is? I'm glad you were able to rescue him. Can you imagine what a confusing couple of days it's been for him? Just minding his own business, living his little baby birdie life, and then WHAM he's being dragged around in a very toothy mouth and then WHAM he's living in a bathtub and then WHAM he has a human surrogate mother...whew!

What a cutie! I'm glad you were able to save Porkchop and I hope he recovers quickly and learns to fly soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Originally posted by Twink
    Awwww, that's the cutest little near-dinner I've ever seen. Do you know what kind of bird he is? I'm glad you were able to rescue him. Can you imagine what a confusing couple of days it's been for him? Just minding his own business, living his little baby birdie life, and then WHAM he's being dragged around in a very toothy mouth and then WHAM he's living in a bathtub and then WHAM he has a human surrogate mother...whew!
    Porkchop is a Sparrow. He's really doing well and eating from our hand!! I can't wait till he can fly and be free!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

So he's captain P. Sparrow (for us who love the Pirates of the Caribbean). I hope so much he'll be fine. I have no idea whether birds know instinctively how to fly. I suppose yes....

Awwww I love little birdies. What a cutie-pie.
    I like Jazzcat's comment about Dr. Doolittles.
    Good luck with this little one and let us know when the moment comes for it to leave the nest, sort of speaking.

Would like to share a little story about our little sparrow.
    My mom raised a sparrow that was only a few days old as it was still pink with very little feathers and it survived to be an adult. She named him Chip.
    When my mom would feed the birds outside, she would call, "CHIP" and the next thing you know, he would fly out of the tree and land on her shoulders, waiting for my mom to feed him by hand. Needless to say, all the other birds seemed a bit jealous to this special treatment.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

Originally posted by rg_girlca
    Awwww I love little birdies. What a cutie-pie.
    I like Jazzcat's comment about Dr. Doolittles.
    Good luck with this little one and let us know when the moment comes for it to leave the nest, sort of speaking.

Would like to share a little story about our little sparrow.
    My mom raised a sparrow that was only a few days old as it was still pink with very little feathers and it survived to be an adult. She named him Chip.
    When my mom would feed the birds outside, she would call, "CHIP" and the next thing you know, he would fly out of the tree and land on her shoulders, waiting for my mom to feed him by hand. Needless to say, all the other birds seemed a bit jealous to this special treatment.
    OH!! I'm so glad to hear this. I sure hope little Porkchop stays around after he's learned to fly. He's a fiesty little bugger (probably why he survived)! I was sure he would die since he had injuries after being in January's mouth!!!

So........how's Porkchop doing now???

Have the house cats figured out what's in their bathroom?..........
    Bunny & Kitties:

Taz - F (7); Majerle - M (4) & Loki - M (8 months)
    (pronounced: Marley).

How precious.... and a real lucky little guy!!!

so tiny! It's great that he's looking healthy and good!!

BTW, I love your shirt!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

What a lucky little guy... please, I ned to know how he's doing now.

Oh my....look at that little thing! Glad Porkchop was OK.

We got in a itty bitty duckling at work today...baby birds are just so sweet looking.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...