Thread: Give it to Yertle...

Give it to Yertle...

Late last night, I decided I needed a midnight snack, so I went into the kitchen to fix myself a sandwich(the cats followed, of course).
    I remembered that some of you posted that your cats LOVE cheese, so being in a generous mood (I don't normally give my cats "people food"), I put a small pile of mozzarella in front of each of them. They didn't like it. Danny tried a small piece, but showed no interest in the rest. Elvis gave the cheese a thorough sniff before swishing his tail and stalking off as if to say, you waste my time with this??
    "Ingrates", I mumbled, as I scooped up the cheese and set it down in front of Yertle the Turtle, who promptly began chomping down. I knew he wouldn't have a problem with fresh, yummy mozzarella!

How many of you remember the old Life Cereal commercials from the seventies where the two little boys are reluctant to try the new cereal, so they agree to "give it to Mikey, he'll eat anything"? That's exactly how it was.

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!

That Yertle is one smart Turtle!!! Butter wants to know what's up with you non-cheese kitties, Elvis and Danny?? He would have been begging for more!!! .

And yes, I always loved that commercial! I think I'm showing my age!

[ December 06, 2001: Message edited by: Logan ]

Noah LOVES cheese, especially if its all over popcorn!! Silly Elvis and Danny....
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I, too, remember that commercial . . . back in the days of youth . . .

My cats seem to like cheese, but I only give them a teeny tiny piece as a treat because it is supposed to be constipating.
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Thelma I think we all can relate to the cats following us around at midnight, especially if we are headed to the kitchen! My two have never had cheese but if I had to guess I would say Trevor would gulp it down and Andy would turn up his nose. Andy is a finicky guy and Trevor has never met a food he didn't like! And, yes, I remember that commercial. Yertle is just like Mikey. Mikey likes it!!!