Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do you believe in spirits/ghosts?

Do you believe in spirits/ghosts?

Have you ever "encountered" an experience with one or a few? I believe in them. I certainly do, no doubt about it.

In my house, I experienced weird/strange things happening. We had three ghosts in our house two years ago. One ghost was a neighbor who passed away from an heart attack, and he spent his time in our house, spent his time teasing us and the dogs. When he was alive, he absolutely did not like the dogs. He found them annoying. He would tease Rosie and one time, I saw this happen, she yelped and peed right on the middle of the kitchen floor, RIGHT AFTER she came from outside during the day. That was just crazy. You know how Anna used to escape so many times when we had no fence in our backyard, how we were so baffled about how she could get out of the yard, even if she had been checked if her rope was tied on her right? (Doggy trolley).. The ghost let her go, unleashed her, and had her run. This happened 3-4 times.. that was a crazy time.
    The other two ghosts, they followed my dad home from work. They were wanting to find a place where there were a lot of energy held, and I guess, our house had a lot of energy, since I have two brothers, two dogs, and the parents. They were harmless to us, except the neighbor. They would play games on us, like misplace objects but they'd place it back eventually.
    The neighbor, he taunted my brothers often. He hung out in my brothers' room - and this happened. When my brother got out of the shower, and he looked at me, and said "I felt someone hit me/slap me on the back with a hand." and he showed me the marks, and I didn't believe him. I told him, "Yeah right.. " but he said, he was serious.. he compared his hand size to the one on his back.. it was so freaky, there were finger prints, like he grabbed onto his back with his fingers. That's how we knew, this ghost was just bad. All he did was to tease us.. He would turn on the tv, and we'd shut it off, and he'd turn it back in within 5 minutes. My brother felt him walk by, with a cold breeze in his room one time. Since I can't hear at night times, he managed a way to freak me out. He would set my alarm clock to go off at the wrong time of the night.. One night, it went off at 3am, and the alarm was OFF. I shut it off, wasn't thinking, I was dead-tired, then it went off again in 5 minutes. I got a little concerned, but ignored it again, and shut it off, actually I unplugged it, and guess what? It WENT OFF FOR THE 3RD TIME.. after few minutes, and I just freaked out, and spent the rest of the night in my parents' bed.
    You ask, how do I know all this? How did I know who the ghosts were? We had a ghost lady come over, and she spoke to my parents. We have a few pictures that showed orbs, and they were definitely in the picture(s). She spoke to my mom over the phone before she came over, and she TOLD her where the ghosts were, and what they were doing right now at the moment. She told mom that the neighbor was sitting on the stairs, looking out at the front yard. The other ghost was in the kitchen with my mom, just sitting on the counter, watching. The third ghost was in my brother's room, leaning onto a counter and looking out the window.

This whole thing is freaky, so that made me believe that there are REALLY ghosts out there, good & bad.
    Last edited by CountryWolf07; 04-13-2004 at 03:22 PM.
    You're the one sure thing I've found so you better stick around...
    Best Fireman in da House´10
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

Can't the "ghost lady" ask em to leave?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by aly
    Can't the "ghost lady" ask em to leave?
    I knew I left out a part.

The ghost lady, she gathered them in the living room, and spoke with them. She could see them.. she had them to go to the light, they were done, they have NO MORE unfinished buisness, and it was time for them to say goodbye. She told us that the neighbor that left us, before he did, he looked back and smiled, a sly smile, at that. The other two ghosts, waved to us, and "thanked" us for their stay.. so we had two good ghosts and one bad..
    dedicated to the kindest,loveliest and always helpful man that one would be honored and proud to know........R.I.P. Dear Phred

I do not believe in ghosts or spirits.

i believe in ghosts and things, but not like the way most people think of htem as these people walking around the house being mean, i think it's more just a shapeless spirit wandering around, (and having fun with the superstitious people)

I don't think I believe in ghosts...but I'm terrified of them. Your story really scared me lol...but I do like reading ghost stories and horror movies.
    I used to have a friend who said there were ghosts in her house and she always told us stories. I don't exactly remember all of them though. There was one she told us that she was in the shower one day, and when she came out she saw a handprint on the mirror or something. There was another time when she was watching tv, and the clock on the vcr thing suddenly jumped ahead 5 hours.
    Well, I'm not sure if I believe in ghosts. I don't want to though. They scare me too much. But I have heard many ghost stories...so I don't really know what to believe.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

CountryWolf,

Yes, I do believe in spirits / ghosts ............... and I guess you would call me a "ghost lady" because I can see them too ......
    So can my Mum.

She helped a spirit on its' way out of my ex-bosses house. It was a teenager who died in a car crash, and that house is where she used to live. Shortly after her death, her parents sold the house, and when she finally went back to it, they were gone. All she wanted was to find them ....... She was pretty mischievous.
    I looked after the house just after he bought it, and she would turn the lights on and off, start the dishwasher, etc ..........

Most spirits I have "met" are friendly tho ........ wouldn't want to "meet" a bad one!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

That is so interesting.. I DO have a question... what do they look like.. just like us..?

Originally posted by captain
    CountryWolf,

Yes, I do believe in spirits / ghosts ............... and I guess you would call me a "ghost lady" because I can see them too ......
    So can my Mum.

She helped a spirit on its' way out of my ex-bosses house. It was a teenager who died in a car crash, and that house is where she used to live. Shortly after her death, her parents sold the house, and when she finally went back to it, they were gone. All she wanted was to find them ....... She was pretty mischievous.
    I looked after the house just after he bought it, and she would turn the lights on and off, start the dishwasher, etc ..........

Most spirits I have "met" are friendly tho ........ wouldn't want to "meet" a bad one!

Originally posted by CountryWolf07
    That is so interesting.. I DO have a question... what do they look like.. just like us..?
    Sometimes, you can see them clear as day - looking just like us, others however, appear "ghostlike / see-through", and then there are others that are just "spirts" - you don't see them, but you feel them.

AND, they do not always remain the same - Let me clarify.

The "teenager" at my ex-bosses house, I "felt" her long before I ever saw her ....... I only saw her about 3 months later. It depends on THEM and also on whether YOU are receptive to them.

There have been times where my Mum has seen a spirit, and I had no idea it was there because I was too "busy" in my own life .... Weird, but true.

This is not something I have actually ever talked to people about ......... but thanks for asking!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Thanks for answering... that's all I'm gonna ask before I get freaked out!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Nope. I don't.

NO, No, No ....... please don't get freaked out.

95% of spirits / ghosts are LONELY ........ and that is why they roam and seek out company.
    You must have a very vibrant house - by that I mean, full of love , friendly, open, etc ......... to have had 3 spirits!

Mind you, your nextdoor neighbour - He ruined it for the other 2 "friendly" spirits!
    M!

Really?

He did ruin it.. those other two were just harmless to us.. they were just nice.. they just basically left us alone at night, except the neighbor.. I just don't understand WHY they had to be AT MY HOUSE.. why DID that neighbor be at my house instead of being at his home across the street?? Those two ghosts.. one of them, followed my dad home from work.. it was a female, she actually got in my dad's jeep, and hitched a ride... I don't know.. my house was like a train stop express or something..

Ghosts as in *ghosts*..............no I don't believe in them.

I *do* however, believe in *jinns*.............and that is the Arabic word for them. I have no idea what they are called in English or if Christians and people of other faiths even believe in them, BUT, I'll try to explain.

Muslims believe that of God's creatures, Human beings, and *Jinns* will be the only ones accountable for their deeds, and rewarded/punished for them in the hereafter. Just as we believe God made humans from clay/earth, we believe God made Jinns from fire. They are actually the *species* that Satan, or the Devil is from. They are invisible to the human eye, but they are around, and they can see us while we can't see them. Satan, the devil, from our beliefs, is from the species of *Jinns*. We also believe *Jinns* have the God-given ability to change their forms.........like they can take the form of a human, or animal, and then change back into their original Jinn form, which would be invisible to us. Again, I don't know the English word for them or if there even is one. What do Christians believe about Satan.......the Devil? I know Christians, too, believe in his existance, but I don't know if they believe in the whole specie. Anyway, we believe there are good and bad jinns, and that Satan, is the leader of the bad ones.

I truely believe in Jinns.............I know they exist, and I have heard many many stories about them. They aren't ghosts or *spirits*, but a different species, just like us, but unseen to the human eye. I know they have been known to go *inside* people at times, and there are people, that take them out. It is freaky. We also believe magicians *deal* with these jinns, and that is why magic, as in real magic, is forbidden in our religion.............because we believe to do magic, you have to have contacts with the devils. We don't believe you can do it alone.

I don't believe what's in your house are ghosts...........I believe they are Jinns, and that thought freaks me out.

Weird event in your home! I totally and completely believe in ghosts.

I actually feel that I met an good one while I was in college. I was having a VERY hard time in my life and I met this very nice, extremely handsome, guy. He and I hit it off right away... as a friendship, no romantic feelings at all. He was so easy to talk to and encouraged me to do things I wouldn't have otherwise had the strength or guts to do. I saw him only a few times oin between classes and then he was gone.

One day, about two semesters later, I had changed my life around, lost 70 pounds, lost the dead-beat friends and life was going great. But one day was really really hard and I left class crying. I was walking down the sidewlak to my car and there this guy was. He smiled and asked how I was doing and encouraged me to get through the problem I was having that day (I never told him what it was - he KNEW) I never saw him again afterwards.