Thread: When you hate your job...

When you hate your job...

Take a minute and look around.
    I hate my job (carer in a nursing home) and when i sit in the home and look at the old people just sitting there (basically waiting to die) i think "where are their familys" some try to be chearful, some are nasty, some are arrogent (?sp)some are ill, some ARE dieing, I feel sorry for them, they have lived an amazing life on earth and are now dumped in a home of 41 residents and hardly any carers are present, I ask myself "where are their familys".
    They sit and stare into an empty space, non are interest in TV, or music or games they just sit and wait.
    I rarly cry but in that minute i sat watching and thinking i left the room and wept for them.
    I promised myself i would NEVER let my mum go into a place like that, no matter what, nor will I.
    As nice as people like me try to make it its NOT home.
    So if you hate your job just think of the differance you are making to the people around you.
    And its the Truth "your kids choice your nursing home".
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Yes they sure do, thats why I am treating my kids well, hopefully when my time comes they will remember the love and care I gave them and choose a nice place for me, or better still I won't even need to go into one.

My dad is turning 73 this yr and my mother 70, dad still runs his own business and works full-time and then some, there minds are alert as mine anyday, so I am hoping this continues for along time yet.

My neighbour three doors down is 94 yrs old, she lives alone , her family help, she has very bad arthritis, but otherwise she is a sharp as can be in the mind department, and is loved by all the kids in the neighbourhood, they all go visit her including my daughter and her friends, my grown up son used to visit her as well.

My mother use to be a carer like you in an old peoples home, so I am aware how sad these places can be, mind you some of the old people just get plain tired of living and just want to go.

Yes just remember you make a difference in these old dears lives, no matter how small., and we are all going to be there oneday.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

My great aunt lived by herself until she was 98. She lives in assisted living now and just had her 101 or 102 birthday this week. I lost track. She has out lived a husband and her children her brothers and sisters. I hope I can live as healthy of a life as she has, but I don't think I could bear living with everyone around me gone, especially my children.

I know its hard to think that one day i will be like them, but hopfully not for a long long time,lol

There is this one old chap that is really nice, he's diabetic and the home gave every resident an easter egg (which they loved,lol) and this guy didnt get anything because hes diabetic and i said couldnt you buy him some speciel chocolate, they said no because its to expensive, i was like what you can buy 40 people their own egg but not one speciel bar for him so i went down town and brought him some with my own money and his face lite up like he'd never had it before, i went to the manager with a recipt and said this is the price to make an old man happy, think next time, she said to me well if you care that much i'll give you the £1.35 for the chocolate, i said no i brought it for him to let him know that someone cares.
    He was happy so whats £1.35,
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

Good on you, man are they are bunch of tight wads, I bet he has paid for his easter egg anyhow in his fees at the home, that was a very thoughtful thing you did, why should he miss out, pity more people aren't like you!!!!
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

Rest homes are so heartbreaking. I hate to go into them because I get so sad. I commend you for working there, you are making a difference. You just may be the little family that some of those people have left.

Thank you Wolfie!