Thread: I met a St. Bernard!!!

I met a St. Bernard!!!

For the first time in my life!

St bernards are my moms FAVORITE dogs, she loves many others lol but those are her favorite. We went to her friend Jenny's and she babysits a dog for a woman who travels alot(poor dog ) But he seemed to make himself at home

Anyway he is a GORGEOUS 210 Pound St. Bernard, I sat on the sofa and he got up there lol he took up the entire thing and had his head and neck on my arm, I couldn't get it up

I have never met such a HUGE sweet dog, my mom was in love but she said she would never own a St.Bernard because of drool lol but I think she would in a second

Anyway, just wanted to tell you all about the sweetheart

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

That's wonderful!!! I love them too. They are big babies!
    These gentle giant are great to play... Here in Switzerland they are called "Bernardiner".

If you (and your mother ) liked them, you'll fall in love for other big and sweet ones we have here as: Great Swiss Mountain Dog, Great Berner Mountain Dog.

When they are puppies, they look like a giant doll, and they are "smiling" all the time.

aww! St.Bernairds are great dogsm I've met them many times! I think they're very cute! he he...

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

As the proud owner of two Saints, I can tell you the drool is over-rated. About the only time mine drool is when they get really excited. But it's not as bad as they make it look in movies and stuff.
    My pets are usually pleased with what I do, because they are not inflected with the concept of what I SHOULD be doing. My time is owned by: Missie,Thor, and Trinity!

Originally posted by Canis Amicus
    That's wonderful!!! I love them too. They are big babies!
    These gentle giant are great to play... Here in Switzerland they are called "Bernardiner".

If you (and your mother ) liked them, you'll fall in love for other big and sweet ones we have here as: Great Swiss Mountain Dog, Great Berner Mountain Dog.

When they are puppies, they look like a giant doll, and they are "smiling" all the time.
    Canis Amicus-

Hey you live in Switerland!! I would love to see all of the Swissies over there!! I have one!! You can see him in my signature. I adopted him in North Carolina, but his grandfather was from Switzerland! Are there Swissies all over the place where you are?, i know they are very rare here, and aside from Dale, my Swissie, I have only ever seen his brothers and sisters in person, and his mommy and daddy. Yes, they do have that "Swissie smile"

BTW, DogLover9501, Swissies are a short haired, big dog, and they do not drool like the St. Bernard...they are considered a dry mouth dog, their "fluves" (sp?) in their mouth are dry.

But i agree, i love those big doggies!!!

Maybe next time I will get some pictures of the big sweetheart

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I've only seen a couple around here. I don't know that I've ever went right up to one :X They seem like sweet dogs

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)