Thread: Sylvia & Harley's first trip to Petsmart

Sylvia & Harley's first trip to Petsmart

First of all, I have to tell you there are no pictures. These two little devils, correction, SYLVIA was so bad that I wasn't able to take any! I needed some things and decided to take a trip to Petsmart. When I usually go, which is with my mom, we decide not to bring them for one reason or another. This time it was a nice day and I was home from work early, so it SEEMED like a good idea. No one was able to go with me so I went alone. Harley in the backseat and Sylvia in the front, but eventually she goes in the back with Harley.

Sylvia is SOOO bad in the car despite me trying to get her used to it. She cries and barks at other cars constantly. Harley, of course and as usual, was a perfect angel.

We finally get there (they closed the Petsmart that was close to my house so it's a bit of a ride to the other one). I get them on the splitter and leash and we go inside. Sylvia is STILL crying and doing these high pitched barks. People were laughing at us, but still coming up to us to pet them. Harley is still learning to walk on the leash, so the worst thing he was doing was pulling a little. I was so embarrassed, I kept telling people that this was their first trip here and they were overwhelmed, which is all true. I'm sure it seemed like they are so untrained and bad, which is not true

Anyway, we finally get out of there and drive home. I was so tired after that and I was so sweaty and stressed just from a little trip to Petsmart!. That's the last time I try to take both Sylvia and Harley at the same time alone. Sorry for the rant, but I thought I'd share.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Katie is just like Sylvia, she hates car rides too!

aww sylvia, you be a good girl next time. So your momma can take pictures!

I am sorry. Gigi was pretty good when riding the car as long as she is not inside the carrier. But she has to be on my lap. And she gets all excited inside PetsMart...has to greet EVERYONE and if there is a class in session, she has to go check it out.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Sorry about the bad impression the first time! I hope the next time you go they act like the angels they are, so we can see some pictures, and mommy doesn't have to get so tired!

Layla goes everywhere with me so she loves car rides...she will usually fall asleep after 15 minutes unless Alvin is in the car. He gets her all hyper and jumping around, its pretty funny. She is much like Gigi in that she has to greet everyone. She did have a spaz attack a few times...she doesn't like those big carts that they hual the boxes and food in.

My Peanuts,

I know that panicky feeling, when you wish your dogs would
    show what sweethearts they really are. I think you did well
    to take two dogs for their first time visit. Every time they go
    they should stay excited, but also listen to you & relax & enjoy
    the visit time.

Smokey now LOVES to go to PetsMart. It's the highlight of his
    week. We go every Saturday.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Originally posted by lizbud
    My Peanuts,

I think you did well to take two dogs for their first time visit.
    I agree Liz! I wouldn't attempt taking both of mine by myself ever! You are brave! The last time I had Bella there she was wearing her Halti. You can't imagine the amount of people who backed up when they saw her, thinking it was a muzzle. You would think someone shopping at PetsMart would know the difference. After all we weren't in Tiffany's. LOL!

Re: Sylvia & Harley's first trip to Petsmart

Originally posted by My Peanuts
    . I was so tired after that and I was so sweaty and stressed just from a little trip to Petsmart!. That's the last time I try to take both Sylvia and Harley at the same time alone.
    Been there, done that and I certainly know of which you speak!
    One is definitely enough when it comes to these situations.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France

Don't feel bad...

I know that feeling well!
    But most of the time people tell me they thing their beling very well behaved, but I think their being little monsters!!!
    It can be very stressful

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Sounds like mommy needs to get you guys out there more often to get you used to it.
    (ok I'm taking the dog's side LOL)

mine act up sometimes too, although I don't bring both at the same time unless I only ned one item, but that is very very rare so ussually only one goes w/ me. My dogs are well trained but I feel bad training them that good after all they are dogs! LOL
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Just remembered Layla's first visit. They put the good stuff on the bottom shelf and she kept taking things. I have to go back and pay for things that I didn't know she had. Thats how we found Greenies.

Thanks for all the encouraging words. This is a big switch from my Shih Tzu, Angie that passed away last June. I'd just say, "Do you want to go to Petsmart?" And she'd go to the front door. I love Sylvia and Harley, but I never realized what a little angel Angie was until this trip to Petsmart! Angie was a little bad in the car, but nothing compared to Sylvia. I will definitely take them one at a time from now on.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)