Thread: pekinese rescued from previous owner

pekinese rescued from previous owner

When I first moved into my house this little dog would come over and visit every day. Her owners would let her run wild and didn't take very good care of her.

I would play with her and came to look forward to her visits.

About two months ago they brought her to me, explaining that they couldnt keep her anymore. I couldnt resist!

Now she's been to her first several vet visits, been neutred, and fortunatly has been given a clean bill of health.

What a sweet and intelligent dog! She's a joy to come home to.
    I hope one day she will grow out of her "wild side" wanting to run loose all the time, but she does seem content to take me for walks every night.

Now for my question.

the fur around her eyes is black from tears, I am able to keep the fur from crusting, but just can't seem to get the discoloration out of her fur.
    Should I just let it be? Or is there something that will clean it out better than dog shampoo?

WOuld appreciate any advice!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a cute face! No advice, I just had to say that. Thank you for taking in this wild child, though she looooooks innocent to me!

First let me say Congratulations on your new little cutie! I think finding you was the best thing that ever happened to this little girl. You don't say how old she is or what her name is. We'd love to know more! As for the tear stain problem, I have seen products in some of the mail order pet catalogs that are for just this problem and I am sure they carry it in places like PetsMart too. I would read the label carefully, though, just to make sure it is something you would feel good about putting near your little one's eyes.

WHAT A CUTIE...

you are sure lucky to have such a sweet pup to see every day!

I have seen products like you are looking for on
    www.drsfostersmith.com

that should come up as a link of not you can google
    Dr.s Foster and Smith.

It is a pet catalog that i get in the mail.. but like Pam said... you might want to research it to make sure it is 100% safe...

What is your sweet little puppy's name??
    we would love to see more pictures of her!!
    [CENTER]

Alden is here!!
    7/6/2006 - 9 pounds 9 ounces 22 inches

Tinky

Have same problem

I just adopted an older Eskimo Spitz. He has got cataracts in both eyes. His one eye seems to collect alot of "gunk". I wipe it clean with a tissue. I have been feeding him Brewer's yeast and that has helped his skin and coat tremendously. Even his eye seemed to be getting better. Whatever is causing this eye problem seemed to be clearing up after a frightening blood blister appeared and popped near his eye. He still scratches it alot and I know it bothers him. The vet said it wasn't reason to worry too much and that it may clear up. I am not sure if it is related to his cataract condition. You may want to get your precious doggy checked for cataracts forming causing the eyes to be so dark. My dog "Dirtnap" is 10 years old but was told he developed the cataracts around 8-9 years of age.
    Ps. I was also informed that long hair white dogs do develop hearing problems more than other dogs. Make sure you keep your dogs ear cleaned. Good luck!

puff is her name, biting my toes is her game

Wow, thanks for the replies!

The vet's best guess is that she's about three years old.

Not sure if she's a pure peek, or mixed, but the one thing for sure is she is SMART!

Smart enough to know she better come running when my girl friend calls her, and smart enough to know she can get away with more when I'm in charge.

Will make a visit to our local petsmart soon, and pick up some stuff for cleaning around her eyes.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

What a cutie and how exciting for you to be adopted by this little angel.
    About the tear stains, I tried every product there is and nothing seem to have any real results for Ricky so we learned to accept. I keep his face clean especially around his eyes (I keep baby wipes handy for both ends). Funny, but so many people have come up and said how cute he was with his eyeliner.

http://dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=36011

http://dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=36015

http://dogster.com/dog_page.php?j=t&i=36009

Welcome and congratulations for you both to have met each other. She is a sweet girl.
    My best wishes for you both.

Rosana
    and
    Rex, GSD 3y

She is such a doll.
    She is lucky to have you as her new owner.
    Congratulations!!!

----<---<--<{(@

Sooo cute and she sure looks happy !
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/signaturepics/sigpic9646_1.gif
    Forever in my heart...
    Casey.Ginger.Corey.Mandy.Sassy
    Lacey.Angel.Missy.Jake.Layla