Thread: water bowl---is she blind or what??

water bowl---is she blind or what??

I have an 8 year old female BLACK cat that
    always has to play in the water bowl before she gets a drink....She always has to make the water move before she will drink...I have another cat and he doesn't have this problem,,,but he is just a baby---only 1 1/2 years old.
    If anyone else has had this situation and has figured out the reason WHY---please let me know..
    She will always ket her drink--it just takes some time.
    Since I have gone to a heavy bowl she isn't able to tip the bowl over either...This has saved me cleaning up water too...
    thanks
    Vicki

You can set your mind at ease, your kitty is not blind. It is a common misconception that cats hate water - most of them just hate being wet, but love to play in the water. Most of the cats I have ever had will play with the water in their water bowl, or the water in the toilet bowl, or water running in the bath, etc. I had one cat that was obsessed with knocking over glasses just to see them dump. We got in the habit of drinking our refresehemnts straight out of the container. I don't think there's any reason why your kitty does this except that she thinks it's fun!

[This message has been edited by 4 feline house (edited November 28, 2000).]