Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do You Drop Everything

Do You Drop Everything

for your cat?

Is there one thing your cat does that makes you drop everything and do what they ask????

Edward goes over to the treat dish and meows while looking at it.....If he looks over his shoulder at me, I have taken to long to treat him....
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

Yup, if they are either locked in or out of the room, I get right up and open the door and answer the pathetic little cry.

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Pickles has an extremely annoying "My dish is nearly empty!" meow. A person has no choice but to obey this call... or be annoyed beyond belief!

Notice I said "almost empty." He is smart enough to meow instead of eating what's left... that way the bowl is never empty.

Oh yes - if they want in when their out - or out when their in - or they need food - or to play - or start chasing.........................ahh so that's why nothing gets done in this house!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

Re: Do You Drop Everything

Originally posted by RICHARD
    Is there one thing your cat does that makes you drop everything and do what they ask????
    YES
    When I hear a certain YOWL, I immediately pick her up and head for the kitchen or bathroom. Or, if it's really urgent, grab a newspaper.

Fortunately it doesn't happen often.

All Peanut has to do is look at her daddy and he drops everything for her - especially if she's on her little rug in the kitchen, then treats are quickly forthcoming. (I'm so jealous - do you know what I have to go through to get him to do something for me?)

And for Tubby - ok also Peanut but not quite as often - I'm like Freckles. I hear any sound that indicates a gag session and I'm on it!!

And also for Tubby, 99% of the time anyway, he gets his snuggles before I get anything else done. I'll be on the couch and he'll be on the floor, looking at me over the edge of the couch - you know the look - and I know I have to put whatever I'm doing down and give him his snugglies.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Yes, anytime Grover makes that certain little meow, I am off and running to do her bidding. Either she thinks her litterbox needs cleaned, or somebody forgot to turn the water on in the tub for her. I don't want to foget she has to have her food bowl full. If I leave the room when she starts to eat, she stop, she sits by the door until I get back in the room then she start eating again, I don't know why she thinks I am supposed to be sitting at the desk when she is eating. I keep my spoiled brats food bowl on my desk.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I drop everything to get Leroy out of whatever he is into at the moment! This week it is trying to rip the screens out of the windows!

Pervy comes to me and lets out this pitiful broken meow and that means "Stop and give me belly rubs" and I immediatly oblige.

Peanut Butter comes to me when I'm cooking and wraps his huge paws around my leg, flips over with his belly up, and I let dinner burn while I love all over him!

Sammy comes whenever I do laundry. He gets up on the washer and I have to stick my finger in the hole and hold the button down so the washer will keep running and let him watch. He thinks that is so cool!

Pete wants to be loved as soon as I come home. He waits until I go to the bedroom to change clothes and comes crying. I have to lay on the bed so he can lay on my chest for about fifteen minutes of lovin and then he leaves. I have been known to fall asleep and not be seen again for an hour or two.

Maggie Sue follows me around crying but won't let me love her until I go to my recliner and flip the foot part out. Then she gets up there and we have a snuggle session.

Pepper Jack has to have attention in the mornings while I'm getting ready for work. Scream, scream, scream until I drop everything and love him. Mascara on one eye does not look good at work!

Stubby makes sure I drop everything because she will beat up everybody in the house until I do what she wants!

The only one who is not a pest is Lucky. Just love him when you get a chance and he is good to go!

After going through all of this I realize just how rotten my little furry brats are!!! I am so well trained!!

Bonnie seems to of found her voice since her bruv went to RB. All she has to do is shout and I come runnin these days, cos she's my wee darlin'

You know, I can honestly say that I don't drop everything. That doesn't mean that I'm a bad Meowmie, it's just that if I'm in the middle of making dinner and Max wants his second helping, he can wait until I put it in the oven before he gets what he wants. On the other hand, if the litterbox needs cleaning, Speckles will simply sit beside it and look at me. That's when I will pretty much stop what I'm doing and do my humanly duties.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Yes, I drop everything when Kona says "Make the bathtub faucet drip this instant!" and "Open this closet door!"
    Oreo and Molly

When Rizzo wants attention, he waits until I try to walk somewhere. Anywhere. And then, of course, being a cat, he proceeds to get underfoot and weave himself around my legs so that it's either kick him, step on him, or stop and pet him. I've gotten a little more nimble since we've had him, so if I'm determined to get where I'm going, I ignore him.

So, if he REALLY wants attention, and the tripping thing isn't working, he simply flops over, half on his side, half on his back, curls his front paws up under his chin in a begging gesture, exposes his fluffy tummy, and stares at me with his huge, round, pleading, completely irresistible eyes. He practically bats his eyelashes!!

And I, no matter where I'm going, or how much of a hurry I'm in, or what I'm carrying, or what sort of a mood I'm in, will kneel down to rub his belly, scritch his little face, and coo at him!

What I want to know is, how do they KNOW how cute they are, and where do they learn to maximize the effect of said cuteness??

Twink, while you are laying down there in the floor after being tripped, I suggest you just crawl on over and do Rizzo's bidding! Pet, and rub his belly while you are down there in the floor!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Originally posted by Twink
    he simply flops over, half on his side, half on his back, curls his front paws up under his chin in a begging gesture, exposes his fluffy tummy, and stares at me with his huge, round, pleading, completely irresistible eyes. He practically bats his eyelashes!!
    You mean like this, Twink?

That's called "Working the Room" and Peanut is a master at it, especially when her daddy is the intended "victim."
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
    You mean like this, Twink?

That's called "Working the Room" and Peanut is a master at it, especially when her daddy is the intended "victim."
    YES! Exactly like that!

*automatically rubs, scritches and coos at Peanut*

Willie--You're not far off. What *really* gets me is when he dashes in front of me mid-step, I kick him (being unable to do anything else), and then find myself apologizing profusely. Yes, I have been well and truly trained!