Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does your cat have a special toy buddy

Does your cat have a special toy buddy

My cat Baxter has a special toy buddy. His Frog.
    Sandy Frost

Mines not, appart from these yuki facke moussies they like to play with.

He,he, no wonder it's a frog for yours !

Bastet's is Shrek's Donkey. A silly fast food toy. She loves that darned thing.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

The picture of Baxter and Frog is so cute. I know that Vio's Juni has her ape Goritsa and Pichu has a lion. Filou and Tigris are not much interested in stuffed toys

Baxter and his frog is adorable!!!

I just took a picture this morning of Smokey with his 2 favorite toys. The great big mouse is stuffed with catnip and almost once a day he has a go round with the mouse.....rabbit kicking it, bitting it and growling at it before he makes up with Mr. Mouse and goes to sleep with him. The other toy in the picture is a purple pig ( a dog toy) but I sprinkle catnip on the pig and he loves it almost as much as Mr. Mouse.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

A few years ago Edwina fell in love with a stuffed raccoon I bought for one of my nieces. She snatched it out of the bag and groomed it and slept with it.

Alas, my sweet Edwina has a short attention span! Coonie is still around but Edwina couldn't care less!

What a cute picture!

I'm sure you've all read about Rizzo and his seal-buddy Sauxus. He also has a "secondary" seal, a much smaller, white one named Skippy.

The other night, I was reading in bed and I heard this loud but muffled "Mwwwwrrrrrr. MWWWR!" which could only mean that Rizzo was carrying Sauxus downstairs. So I put my book down and watched. Sure enough, he came around the corner, carrying his seal by the scruff of the neck. He brought it over to my side of the bed, dropped it, and proceeded to knead it and purr for a bit. Then he looked directly at me, and gave a couple of very loud, demanding, "MAAAUW!"s. So I said, "Yes, Rizzo, you're a VERY good boy." He walked out of the room, apparently satisfied. I went back to my book.

A couple of minutes later, I heard a similar, but clearer "MMRROW. WOOOOORRRRR!" And in came Rizzo, carrying little Skippy. He dropped him right next to Sauxus, and looked up at me again. "Thanks, sweetie," I said. So, Rizzo hopped into bed, curled up and purred contentedly. Now, I KNOW there's something going on in that cat-brain during this whole process. I just haven't figured out what it is!

One day, I came home from work to find not two, but THREE seals right near the door, in perfect triangle formation, facing each other. Frankly, it was a little spooky. And you know what? There ARE other types of stuffed animals in the loft, besides seals. I just don't get it.... He's a strange one, my Rizzo.

Now that is Funny. My Cats alllove The Cat Dancer , and thier Rabbit Foot , on a string! Great Photo!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

The Stuffed Gizmo in the picture is something I always send with Amy to my son's when I go to work and he keeps her while I am gone. I started doing that before we got the real Giz kitty. I just wanted her to have something familar to keep her company and I call it HERS... Now, that bed also goes with her because she loves it so much..

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

TO ALL

Cool toys your cats love. I guess we'll never know why they like the toys they
    like . we just accept the toys they love and we just love them for that. What great looking cats on this thread.
    Sandy Frost

From the time I got Tubby, he always preferred one of my elephant feet slippers. He always did like Rizzo and drug it out every day. Every morning I'd put it away and I'd come home at night and it would be out. I'd put it away and it would be out in the morning again. I saw him dragging it around a couple of times and it was rather funny because even after he was grown the slipper was bigger than he was. Unfortunately, somehow in my last move the slippers were....horror of horrors...lost! I can't imagine that I would have thrown them away, but I have no idea where they ever ended up. Since then he has not "adopted" anything else. Poor Tubby, I bet he misses his slippers.

Here's a very, very, very young Tubby with his slipper. He's probably about 6 months old in this pic! Look how slim he is - this was obviously before he got the name Tubby.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Awwwww, little Tubby! And a big slipper! That slipper looks like it would be hard for a cat to get a grip on. I bet he couldn't see where he was going when he was carrying it! Such as shame they disappeared in the move. I wonder if he would like my Grinch slippers?

Curious: I've probably read this before, but can't remember. Who was Tubby before he was, uh, tubby?

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Pickey has special buddies... the aquarium, the parakeet, the mice... Pickles just wants to play with all of them lol.

Originally posted by sirrahved
    Pickey has special buddies... the aquarium, the parakeet, the mice... Pickles just wants to play with all of them lol.
    "Play" . . . Riiiiiiiight.

Originally posted by Twink
    Curious: I've probably read this before, but can't remember. Who was Tubby before he was, uh, tubby?
    Weeeelllll....Tubby had a few names before "Tubby" actually stuck. When I first got him the girl I got him from thought he was a girl and named him Bitsy. Well, that only lasted until I took him to the vet to be spayed, and found out that was impossible. I then determined Bitsy wasn't appropriate for such a terror of a boy kitty. I really don't remember what I called him after that, and when I look back on the pictures I have, it says "The cat and his slipper" for instance with this picture. Or "The cat on the porch" or "The cat in the leaves." I know I called him "The Beast" and "That Holy Terror" and I know he thought "NO!" was his name for quite a while, but I think I was at a loss for a name for awhile. I think he was about 2 when "Tubby" came into existence and has stuck ever since.

And it was funny to watch him with the slipper. He sort of dragged it underneath him and kept stepping on it.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl