Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Asking for your prayers...

Asking for your prayers...

As most of you might remember, my dad has been battling cancer for quite some time now. Well, I got the dreaded call today...

He isn't doing well at all...and was actually put in the hospital early this morning. The doctors are thinking that there just isn't much left in him, and there isn't much more to do. The radiation treatments he's been going through haven't been helping.

I know it's cruel of me to tell you this and not post the details, but I honestly just can't get that far into it right now. I, myself, am having trouble trying to understand all of this.

As of right now, Josh and are are postponing our trip out to California. I feel like I need to be here, and can't risk leaving right now with my dad fighting for his life in the hospital.

I'm just asking for some Pet Talk prayers -- I know you guys can make miracles happen.

I'm so sorry, Brooke. Don't lose hope yet....you never know what could happen.

*Hugs* I'll keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just an IM away if you need to talk.

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    I'm so sorry, Brooke. Don't lose hope yet....you never know what could happen.

*Hugs* I'll keep your father in my thoughts and prayers. I'm just an IM away if you need to talk.
    Thanks, Jules.

I'm so sorry to hear this. Don't lose hope. I'll be keeping your dad in my prayers, hoping for a miracle.

Aww I'm sorry to hear that Brooke I'll be keeping your dad in my thoughts and prayers...I hope he gets better soon.
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

Thanks Poppy, thanks Tiffany.

i'll be keeping you and your dad in my thoughts. joyce
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

Thank you, Joyce.

Hugs to you. Cancer is such a scary and terrible disease. Prayers to you and your family.

Sending lots of hugs, good wishing and prayers
    for you, your father and your family.

(((^..^))) Karen

----<---<--<{(@

I went through this last year with my Dad and you have my prayers. It's so hard to go through.

And yes, you definitely need to be there, hard as it is.

I'm so very sorry to hear your Dad isn't doing well. My dad also has cancer, although he is doing fairly well at the moment. It is indeed the hardest thing to know and watch. My heart breaks for you. Our daddies are the most wonderful people on earth. My thoughts and prayers are with you.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I'm sorry your father isn't doing well. My prayers are with him.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I am sorry to hear that. My thoughts and prayers for your father.

Thank you Wolfie!

Brooke, I am sorry to hear that your dad is not doing so good. You do need to stay just as close as you can to him. Somebody said dads are special, well they are soooo right.

My prayers and thoughts are with you, your mother , dad and the rest of the family that is going through this. It is hard on the whole family when a family member is sick. Believe me I know.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!