Thread: This sucks!!!!

This sucks!!!!

Today I left Thelmer out of her cage to let her run around my room and I really thought she`d be ok but she ended up chewing...5?...cords! I`m really dissapointed but I guess I had it coming! I let her out last night and she was fine, but I guess she just got wayyyyy too bored! She`s fine (thank god),but I`m dissapointed that it didn`t work out.
    Last edited by Rottieluver45; 03-24-2004 at 06:24 PM.

lol silly bunny... My rats Rosie and Lily chewed up my phone cord the other day .. it was sucky my mom was so mad at me ...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

What you could do is lift all your cords off the floor. Pin them to the wall with pushpins or thumb tabs, or tape them, so they are out of reach. I have a computer in my room. I never put my cords up, I just got a baby gate, so when I let my bunny out, she can go everywhere else but my room. Her cage is in it, but I really don't feel like making my room safe for her. The rest of the house is already been made rabbit safe. Remember that bunnies LOVE to chew, so try getting some baby toys that your bunny can chew on and play with. Try these things and see what happens. Bunnies don't always learn and quick as we want, so please be patient and try not to be dissapointed. Just keep your bun away from cords. It makes you angry, and it's dangerous for the bunny.

Also, if you do see your bunny chewing on something it should not, make a loud noise, clap you hands, stomp your foot, or yell "NO!" If that does not work, place your bun in it's cage as punishment. Everytime it chews, and everytime you do this, your bunny will remember and eventually not chew in that certain spot.
    Teenie

I have never known a rabbit who did NOT chew cords, it's just something bunnies do. Cover them up - like save paper towel tubes, and put the cord through that. It may not b terribly attractive, but it's cheaper than replacing cords! You can also use tubing from the hardware store.

We have a bunny-gate so Miss Hoppy cannot get into the office here without supervision. It's safer for everyone that way, as we have many cords, networked computers, printers, etc. Miss Hoppy believes all cords must be cut and moved away from the wall. There is no reasoning with her about this. So in the rest of the house she cannot get at cords, and this room she cannot get in.

Thanks I`ve never thought of the paper towel thingor the pin thing. I`ll try both!!

The only problem with the paper towel tubes is that the bunny can still chew through them and get at your cords.

You can always go to the plumbing section of your local hardware store and buy the exact length of plumbing tubing you needs (it comes in different diameters so you can buy the tubing according to how many cords you have to stuff in it). Then have an adult cut it lengthwise and tuck in the wires. It takes rabbits years to chew through that thick plastic and it's fairly inexpensive....I think I paid sixteen cents a foot. Plus it's much easier to do that instead of having to replace the cords to your telephone, tv and computers.
    Mom to 9 wonderful bunnies and an energetic young cat from you-know-where.
    Bunny Basics educator
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Noah, Casey, Daisy, Marie, Velvet, Emma, Robbie, Chocolate