Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Child Abduction warning for part of Washington and Oregon. Anyone know anything?

Child Abduction warning for part of Washington and Oregon. Anyone know anything?

There has been issued a Child Abduction Warning for part of Washington and our part of Oregon until 1:30 this afternoon. Does anyone know what this is about or what it means? I am very confused.............should I not go outside with my son?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

A Cival authority has issued a child abduction emergency for the following counties/area, Clark WA and all Oregon at 10:32 am on Mar 19th, 2004 effective until 1:32 pm
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

That message keeps flashing across all the tv channels........
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

I've never heard of such a thing. And how do they know how long to put the warning up for? I'm a worry wart so I wouldn't go out side, but since I really have never heard of such a thing I dont' know what to tell you!

I know me either, that's why I am asking LOL. I want to know what the heck it means! Did some crazy person escape or what, you know? I mean, I don't know what it means and I would like to know. Is there a child missing? It's all very confusing.

I'm still going outisde. I am not going to stay cooped up inside for a what if, I would just like to know. If there is a real threat then I will stay inside.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Cass, do you have a local news channel that you could call?

Originally posted by gini
    Cass, do you have a local news channel that you could call?
    Yes I have a local news channel but how do I get ahold of them? LOL I've never called them before. It just sounds strange, you know?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Just look in the phone book under their call letter, or go online - most local news stations have websites.

The alert may have something to do with this story .

I would guess the warning just means not to send your child outside without an adult to supervise.

That link refers to a previous abduction and the father has been caught and the girl returned.

Cass is talking about a new alert that appears on tv today.

Originally posted by Karen
    Just look in the phone book under their call letter, or go online - most local news stations have websites.

The alert may have something to do with this story .

I would guess the warning just means not to send your child outside without an adult to supervise.
    That would be it then I guess Karen. That is our news.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by gini
    That link refers to a previous abduction and the father has been caught and the girl returned.

Cass is talking about a new alert that appears on tv today.
    My link refers to attempted abduction yesterday in Portland, whch seems more likely a link.

Hrmm, if it happened yesterday why would they just now show something on TV, and it's not even on the news? Hrmm........
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Originally posted by luckies4me
    Hrmm, if it happened yesterday why would they just now show something on TV, and it's not even on the news? Hrmm........
    Because the guy was not caught, and is still out there somewhere??? I would call the station on which you say the warning flash. Barring that, call the local police station - not 911, just the normal number. I'm sure they will know what the warning means.

Ok, I will do that in about 20 minutes as soon as I am finished. We were watching the Disney Channel when I first saw it and then it said to change it to channel 14 for more information.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

SCARY! How brave of that girl and I hope they catch the guy.

That's the first I ever heard of a warning....

such are our times....

very sad...
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June