Thread: Tolkien Cats

Tolkien Cats

Now that the greatest Work in the English Language is a hugely popular film, I am looking forward to a new understanding of the names of my cats. People will know that Pippin is Peregrin Took, Thane of the Shire; Wynki is Eowyn, warrior princess of Rohan, and L'il Guy is Legolas, son of the king of the Mirkwood elves. Perhaps they will remember some of the beloved dearly departed..."So that's where they got the name Arwen for their first Aby," or "Of course, that gorgeous blue they called Gandy was Gandalf the Grey," or, that Glorf (one of the best nicknames of any cat, ever) was the mighty elven warrior Glorfindel. Of course, one must read the books, including the appendices, to recognize Thing as Thingol Greycloak, or Luthi as Luthien. But what a richness! There was a cat of the day a while back, gorgeous Aby, named Bombadil...but I hear they left him out of the movie. See the flick, read the books, cuddle your cats! Holiday Blessings, Luvdemabys

Well...now that you mention it....I did always wonder how your cats got their names!

Good Work Fella !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!