Thread: Lost Cat Poster

Lost Cat Poster

How to find a lost cat with a ready made lost cat poster.

http://www.piftails.com/Solo_LostCat.html

Still working on printing problems

If you paste the below line ....

http://www.piftails.com/images/BamBam_1.jpg

......into the photo box, you'll get a beautiful picture of BamBam on the poster.

I plan to add scroll bars and saving/printing buttons to make the poster more user friendly.

Again I would welcome comments, bear in mind this is just a draft version.

PIF! That is an excellent way of doing it. I only have a few comments - many cats hide under cars, especially if it is cold outside, so bringing a torch and looking under cars would probably also be a good idea. And perhaps two photos of the cat on the poster, one from the front, and one from the side.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You are putting alot of very good work into this site. I will keep checking back. I hope I never have to use the "lost" poster but it is a great idea. The "before you freak out" suggestions are very good. Both my daughter and I have freaked out over lost kitties and BOTH were eventually FOUND in the lining of bed box springs - just as you mentioned. In the meantime, I have the site bookmarked and am watching the progress. Blessings on your efforts!!

Mmm Two photos, good idea. I'll go and try that.

I am lucky my cats avoid the road but you are right I have seen my neighbours cat under her car.

Do you think there is too many fields that need filling in to create the poster ?

Thanks Debbie for the kind words *blush*

I also hope I never have to use it but I wanted something other people could use.

As the last thing you would want to do if you lost a cat was to mess about trying to make a poster, yourself.

No, I don't think there's too many. The more info, the better and depending on the field and font size you use, it won't take up much space.

It's really a great idea and done very well!! People who loose their cat are usually so upset and confused, so they can't think straight and make a poster like this.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thanks Randi.

Jenny, that is excellent! It covers everything and takes minutes to do, much needed time saved when trying to find a lost pet. I am especially thinking of when Bella, my son's family cat went missing and the time it took me make a poster.

Well done, great site!

Chris

Thanks Chris, It will be better when you can print it properly to an A4 sheet.

For babies like Amy or other handicaps: Special conditions, needs or problems where you can type that in...

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Originally posted by Laura's Babies
    For babies like Amy or other handicaps: Special conditions, needs or problems where you can type that in...
    That is the additional information box. But I'll write some suggestion alongside. I might rename it special needs ?

What a wonderful idea!! I too have been checking on your website and I think it is great! I know I haven't joined but it's just because right now I can't even keep caught up on PT!! Hopefully someday that will settle down.
    Keep up the good and informative work!!!

Originally posted by catcrazylady
    What a wonderful idea!! I too have been checking on your website and I think it is great! I know I haven't joined but it's just because right now I can't even keep caught up on PT!! Hopefully someday that will settle down.
    Keep up the good and informative work!!!
    You don't need to join (although you would be welcome) as I have no intention of leaving Pet Talk and our mayor Karen doesn't mind me posting my articles here to get feedback. (Thanks Karen )

So you'll not miss anything, as long as you keep visiting Pet Talk

Great job! I love the suggestion about leaving articles of clothing, etc. with the "scents of home" around!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!