Thread: Guinea Pigs

Guinea Pigs

I recently got 2 baby guinea pigs but they dont seem to drinkin... they have a 2 story hutch and dont go down to the bottom.. will they go down onc they have settled in a bit more? i got them on Saturday

They might not know how. Try putting them on the bottom and show them that there is another level to their cage. they might not be used to it.

Is the water bottle on the bottom part of the cage?

It was.. but i put it up at the top because they werent drinking. I put them down the bottom when i cleaned the top part out and left them there thinking that they would go back up but when i went out they were still down there and if i put them on the ladder/stairs they will just sit on them for hours on end.

ohhh...well maybe they don`t know where to go. Try putting a treat on the stairs in front of them and make like a trail leading up to the top.

If it doesn`t work sorry, I can`t think of any other solution.

BTW: If you have anyother questions about them I might be able to help!

I just thought I would let you know that my guinea pigs are now happily running up and down the stair and but i never knew they were so loud!! I knew they are very vocal animals but mine really are taking it too far!! LOL!! i can hear them from the house in the morning just before i go down and feed them (and have a cuddle! Of course!!)

lol yup it took friskit and missy a while to figer out there was another level to their cage, it took like 2 weeks to teach them how to get up there. lol you did not know they were noisy? try haveing 11 at feeding time!
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Originally posted by thelwell2003
    I just thought I would let you know that my guinea pigs are now happily running up and down the stair and but i never knew they were so loud!! I knew they are very vocal animals but mine really are taking it too far!! LOL!! i can hear them from the house in the morning just before i go down and feed them (and have a cuddle! Of course!!)

Awwww! Good for you!! I`m glad they`ve adapted! Do you have a camera? I`d love to see pics!

Our G.Pigs are loud too, but not that loud!!
    I guess the just wanted their mommy!