Thread: barks at shadows and people walking by

barks at shadows and people walking by

hello,
    I need a little help. My first plea for help was when my dog seemed to barking at nothing. Well I feel that the situation is under control, she has moved on to barking at other things. Example she is barking at shadows, mostly sun ray shadows. She also barks out of control at people walking by the house, or people on the street (when were in the car). The windshield wipers, the heater fan. It is just to much to handle sometimes. She'll be a year in April. I hope to put her in dog training classes, do you think that this will help her not to bark at everyone and everything? She is a very gentile girl, and she loves people, but she still barks. My husband will take her to work and all the women at work will go out to see her, but she growls and barks. I really don't want her to be like that. She is a bigger dog so I need her to be that much more relaxed with strangers, and this is very important to me. Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

I have just read through your other post and you have a very smart and active dog on your hands.

I was just wondering how much exercise your dog gets per day?. Also training classes would help as they are an outlet for any pent up energy and you will be out and meeting lots of people and their dogs.

Your dog is still very young and has alot of learning to do, good luck and keep us posted on any progress.

Rhi Clover & Elvis (Border Collie)
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I definetly don't think she get enough exercise. She is such a strong pup, that I am afraid to take her places, because if she is determined enough she can definetly get away from me. My husbands family lives on a farm and she can get plenty of exercise there, but it's cold here right now. I'm not really sure what to do with her.

Also do dogs get bored of eating a particular dog food. She is not eating her dog food anymore, is it because she doesn't like it anymore? She is on medicine, and I'm wondering if that is making her not hungry? But she eats her dog biscuits ok. I don't know what to do, buy here a different brand of food?