• They are ok.

4 8.00%
  • I do not like snakes.

10 20.00%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Snakes- Do you like them?

Well....uh....Yeah!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Not a hard question for me to answer at all, because many of you know that I am deathly afraid of snakes. I don't even handle seeing them at the zoo very well! But you Pet Talkers have helped me because I can look at pictures and admire your snakes now, when I couldn't a few years ago. I'm glad there are people out there that do love and care for them. I just don't think I could ever have one as a pet.

I love and admire snakes greatly, though I don't think they would be the right pet for me because of care issues and I'd want to be sure and care for them the way they should be. I actually have a fascination for all reptiles, and my weakest spot is for land turtles/tortoises.

One thing I really miss in MN is fewer reptile species in the wild. In Missouri where I grew up, there were box turtles, all kinds of lizards, and so many varities of snakes. I loved going on hikes and running across them. Once I ran across a speckled king snake sunning on a rock. It was so very beautiful. Another time at the park I saw a huge black rat snake climbing up a tree. I reached out and lightly touched his/her back. I really love seeing them, though have a healthy respect for venomous varieties

I once saw a very newly hatched copperhead baby at a nature park along the hiking trail. It was so beautiful.. the color on copperheads are pretty anyway, but on a newly hatched one, they were brilliant! He even still had his egg tooth. We did call the nature park rangers to come out and move him though because he was on a branch overhanging the trail and someone could have walked into him.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I love snakes! My friend had an albino cornsnake named Dmitri and it was really nice! It never bit or anything. I like the one's at the zoo, especially the big ones! But, I would never own one. I own rats, and I get so sad when I see people buying live feeder rats. If I could make sure that I had a snake that would only eat pre-killed and thawed, I would definitely get a small snake. Do many snakes eat those Snake Sausages well?

I love snakes, I think they are beautiful, but I dont think I see myself ownng one...but you never know!

I love looking at them, as long as they belong to someone else.

I LOVEEEEEEEE snakes. In my eyes, snakes are so beautiful and graceful! I love em love em love em!

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

well, I think they're OK.. but I don't think I'd love to get one...

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

I like snakes a lot,and i would like having one for a pet,but i wouldnt want to feed it live animals.
    ~Your best friend doesn't have to be human~

Originally posted by HoRsELUvR
    I like snakes a lot,and i would like having one for a pet,but i wouldnt want to feed it live animals.
    So feed frozen.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by WolfChan
    So feed frozen.
    But thaw them out first of course.
    Select * from breeders where clue > 0
    0 rows returned
    Cheerfully Childfree

Of course

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I really like snakes, but I don't really see myself owning one. When I worked at PetCo a long time ago I used to love playing with the snakes there. Right now my two kitties are enough to keep me busy, so if I ever did get a snake it wouldn't be for a very very long time.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I do like snakes. I used to have 2 garter snakes. But I got nightmares about the poor crickets I had to feed them. There is no way I could ever handle feeding a snake mice or rats. I'm way too sensitive and emotional about things like that.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    i really like snakes, but i would never have one cause you have to feed them live animals.

my moms boyfriend used to have a snake when he lived with us about 7 years ago, her name was sammy and she was a pretty ball python. but he always fed her these live rats
    My friend's snake wouldn't eat live animals. So, if that's all that's keeping you from having one, there are some that will only take frozen. Unless it's that they eat ANIMALS that's a problem for you....but, you specified live. Anyway....snakes are cool. My boyfriend has a ball python, but, I don't stay in the room when he eats. And, I won't look at the rat he feeds him, either. I have a pet rat, and, I can't do it.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer