Thread: Rainbow Bridge pets

Rainbow Bridge pets

Hey, these are digital photos of photographs on my wall at work. So, they're not the best quality. This first one is of Bruno. He's a doxie/cocker mix and he was given to me when I was 13. I had to put him down in June, and, he was 15. He was my best buddy. I also posted these photos in Cat General.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

And, here's Dusty. He was my 10th birthday present, and, he passed in December. He fell asleep in his favorite chair, and, didn't wake up. He's Siamese/Himalayan. Coolest cat ever. He was seventeen. I love this photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Thanks, Dogz!

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

Such sweet pics. This is a great idea! I've got a dog I'd like to put here. I'll have to scan his photo on my day off on Tuesday(when I can find it) Thanks for starting this!

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Bruno and Dusty were beautiful. They are always part of your heart, even after they are gone.

Here are a couple of my beloved RB collies, Cody (the sable) and Willie (tri-color or black, white and tan).

The both had strokes... Cody at age 12 and Willie at age 13. I held them both as they passed from this life and on to the next.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I held Bruno, too. Well, he was laying on the table on his towel and I held his little head in my hands. It was hard staying there, but, I didn't want to leave him. And, my mom said dusty wasn't doing well, was lethargic. She had made an appointment to get checked out later in the afternoon. She held him most of the day and then layed him down in his favorite chair. she said he looked up at her and she went away for a couple of minutes, came back, and, he wasn't breathing. It was my dad's birthday. He had a special thing with my dad, and, he was so dignified. I knew he'd go like that. He's buried home in south carolina. and, bruno's urn is on my nightstand.

Thanks, Dogz!

I have urns for both of my boys too. Set up on a pretty little shelf with candles on either side. The urns are sealed wooden boxes with their pictures and an inscription.

I like having them with me still.. can't explain it, but it just means a lot to me.
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

You don't have to explain, I completely understand. The photo I posted of Bruno is the one on the front of his urn and it has his name on the top.

Thanks, Dogz!