Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: new to pet talk and testing pics

Welcome! My name is Melissa and I am mom to a 11 month old german shepard/border collie mix named Layla.

Just curious, but what is cold to you guys down there. Its 45 degrees here today and I am sweating.

This is Layla

I know what you mean about the dumb blonde look...Trying to think of which 10 breeds they are all mixed with...
    I solved this issue w/ my last Dog...Scrubber...
    I told people that he was an "Egyptian Crockschnocker"...Very Rare Breed....This either shut them up...or they asked further questions about the breed....

The Best were The Know it Alls...whose immediate response was something along the lines of "Oh Yes,I've Heard of that Breed"
    Or even Funnier..."Oh Yes,I had one when I was a Kid!!!Great Breed!!!!"

Your Dogs are Fabulous!!!!!
    Mutts Rule!!!!!
    The Deli Dog

I want to Honor All of Our Rainbow Bridge Furkids

Welcome to Pet Talk - your dogs are beautiful. Both dogs look like they are extremely happy in your home!

As far as jumping, I also had a similar problem with Leo and I solved it by using Patricia McConnells body blocking technique.

If you are interested, you can read about it here

We have tried the ignore technique, with no success. The dog just keeps on jumping...or will stop, but start again as soon as we turn around.

Both these dogs crave attention. We don't know Greta's circumstances at all, she was a shelter dog, but Cassisus came from an unloving, unhappy household where people were always screaming at each other. What an unhappy doggie he was when we first got him :-((. I considered it a personal victory the first time he wagged his tail :-)

I'm going to try body blocking, and see if that will do anything to stop them.

Thanks for your suggestion :-)
    honor

Greta & Cassius

Believe me I understand - the ignore method didn't work on Leo at all either, but the body blocking did. Once I started body blocking him, he would sit and only then would I pet him. It didn't take him long to realize sitting gets pets (although sometimes his natural exhuberance still gets the best of him )