Thread: Torties are the best!

Torties are the best!

I hope you have as many happy years with yours as I've had with mine -- Cappuccino is going to turn 16 in March!

Like your tortie, she is playful and affectionate but she has a strong and dignified personality all her own. Torties can be a little touchy -- but I think they're more loyal than many cats, and they really just seem to attach closely to their people.

Best wishes,
    Carolann

Thats about the way Grover is, she is very loving and affectionate. Of course she is independent! She is going to be a year old next month, I just have to choose a birthday for her I suppose.

Welcome to Pet Talk, I take it you have a tortie. I would love to see pictures of your tortie. Mine is in my signature.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Is Grover a girl? It is usually a boy's name so I wondered. I had a beautiful orange kitty named Molly. I thought the kitty was a girl until I took it to the vet and found out he was a boy! He already knew his name so I didn't change it.

Grover is a pretty kitty, her bright eyes are huge.

Today we have Bert and Ernie as COTD. Looks like Sesame Street is popular with cat lovers.

Grover got that name when she was very tiny, I guess she was two weeks old when she came to live with me. My then 17 year old daughter(daughter has turned 18 now) found her in a trashcan at school, where she had been tossed after some boys used her as a football. They thought she was dead, and tossed her in the trash. No fun in a dead football I suppose. But anyway my daughter found her, and seen she was still alive, cleaned her up and brought her home to me. We bottle fed her and she is now my baby. The grandchildren said she should be name Grover because she was found in a trashcan. So hence the name Grover!

OMG! That poor little kitty. Thank goodness your daughter found her and rescued her. No wonder Grover is so devoted to you since you were her surrogate mother.

A happy ending for a beautiful kitty!

karlyb, thank you so much for your very kind comments. She does mean a lot to me. Seems she just dropped out of nowhere to end up in my arms. The way I understand some boys found in an old car at the machine shop, and brought her in to play with.

I don't know whether the mother cat had moved the rest of the kittens or what happened to the rest of them. My daughters both drove around the neighborhood where she was found and tried to see if they could see a cat that could possibly have been her mother. Anyway thats how she came to be my baby. She came to me in a small tissue box, put down into a larger box. My daughter carried her around at school that day until she brought her home to me. She had to argue with teachers so that she could keep the kitten inside the classroom with her.

She has a natural bob tail, it crooks on the end with excess skin. It is one of the cutest thing about her.

But anyway that was the best present I have ever received! The gift of love..

Willie

Blog Entries

GROVER, Five Star Cat *****

Mew, KatMa cries everytime she reads your story. Those boys wouldn't want to run into my KatMa! If KatMa met boys here who harmed a sweet little kitten, she would PAY BIG TIME to have other, very big & strong pet loving boys teach the depraved boys a lesson they'd never forget.

Grover, we wish you a long, long, happy, healthly life with your people. Lots of love helps us kitties get past the horror of abuse.

Mew, I had a very hard time as a kitten until I found my KatMa & Paw-Paw (I was about 14 months old when they found me) but what was done to you can never be forgiven. Those boys deserve pain and misery for the rest of their days. May that be in the cards for them!

Lots of kisses, hugs, bellyrubs, and caresses to you from KatMa and I am sending along sweet, gentle purrs.

You are a five-star pussycat *****

Felix (Maine Coon Cat) & Norman (Marbled Bengal Tabby Cat)

KatMa says:
    "Angels are sent to purrsons, dressed up as Cats" and
    ~Life without Cats is NOT a life at all!~
    Original cat quotations(c)Susan Elizabeth Dykhuis

Life without liberty is like a body without spirit -Kahlil Gibran

Sasha the Queen Calico
    b. 8 May 1994 - d. 29 August 2005

Our most purrecious little girl, we love you fur~ever.

Bobby the Dog, cats Tiggy [TBCU], Princess and Paddy-Paws, and Chucky the Dog are showing you the ropes at RB. Kisses and hugs to all of our darlings from your KatMa & Paw-Paw.

Calico Cat Atavar by: Glenda Moore

That is about the nicest story , and there are a lot of nice stories , heart warming stories on this site. Pouncer , my first Cat was a Tortie , and she was a drop dead Gorgeous Cat , an accidental breeding of a Tortie , and a pure Bred Siamese. She was dumped at a Pet Store , and I found her , and fell in love. And I am still in love withPouncer , and have missed her everday , since she passed on in April , 1993.Grover and the Pets are at the Mall , and will hvae a Feast at the Hotel. Steaks , Pork Chops and Deli Turkey!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Thank you for your kind comments, and Grover thanks you! Your sig says it all! I always feel like she was a little angel sent to me when I needed her most.

I have never found out the name of these evil boys that done this horrible thing to my sweet precious Grover. Its funny the boy that threw her in the trash, rode home with my daughter that day. I think if he hadn't of went ahead and threw her there, they would surely have finished killing her. So I guess he really saved her life. Anyway that is the way I like to think about it.

I have threatened to carry Grover over and let her scratch their eyes out, but my daughter tells me they have moved on now. When I meet one of the boys that went to school there, I always ask my daughter if they were one of the boys that mistreated her. I have yet to meet any of them. I did meet one boy who helped Lin smuggle Grover into the building. He started a fight so Lin could get her into the building, and then she just had to argue with teachers of classes she was going into to keep her in the building while she waited to bring her to me.

The boy that helped her, was here one day and I asked him if he remembered her, and he said yeah, he remembered her and had wondered what had happened to her.

Thanks again for your kind and sweet replys!

Willie

new tortie owner

I just adopted(or did she adopt me?) a 1 y.o. tortie named Daisy yesterday! She' curled up beside me as I type this. She is doing good so far,but I'm still trying to introduce her to my 3 y.o. old tuxedo Nikki. I think it will work out.

Sasha is right about kitties not forgetting their former abuse. My big yellow Sandy was roaming the neighborhood and I put food for him out on my porch. He would eat but not let me approach him. Then one night I opened the door and invited him in. He ate two whole cans of cat food and has been my cat ever since. He's been with me over a year and still startles if I make a sudden move or he hears a noise. I think someone had not treated him kindly. He is a lovey boy and climbs up on my shoulder for me to hold him. The thought of someone hurting any of my cats makes me sick.

I will never understand how anyone could take a warm, living, breathing animal and cause it harm.

And what was the matter with those teachers? Did they want to throw Grover back in the garbage? Some lesson for the students on kindness to animals.