Thread: The twice daily routine

The twice daily routine

This is how I give Jim and sterling their pill twice a day:

I catch them right after they get done eating. I open the cage, turn them upside down and POP the pill. They really are getting used to the whole idea. And even though it appears that I have a vice grip on their heads, I really don't.

Sooooo, when it comes time for Allen or Pouncer to take pills... can I stop by twice a day?

I have to do Bob in that same way.

He doesn't get used to it though and is mad at me for months afterward.

Looks like you have the system down though.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Originally posted by CatDad

Looks like you have the system down though.
    FINALLY!!

Said with a HEAVY sigh!!!!!!!!!

Jen you do that so well! If I tried that all you would see in the pictures would be blood!!! My kitties leave me no option but to give them a good scruff when its time to medicate.

It looks very efficient, they seem to have got used to it, but I see Sterling's paws on your chest. Did you clip his nails first? I would not be able to hold Fister in that posistion when I have to pill him, I sneak up from behind when he realxes in the windowsill, open his mouth and down it goes - most times.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

You are GOOD! When we had to pill Rizzo for a couple of days after he was neutered, it was a two-person job all the way. One to hold, and one to open the mouth and pop the pill! I can't even imagine how you work out getting the cat upside-down, secured, and open his mouth all without having him run away, or losing the pill or something. It's a gift.

I never thought of giving Cubby his pills like that. I have to hold him down in hubby's chair and force his mouth open in order to get the pill down him. Then he gets mad at me for an hour or so. Now that he doesn't get pills anymore, I don't have to force him down with his mouth open.

I thank God ,that my Cats lives dont depend on me pilling them. They had to have anibiotics , after thier dental , but only Michael , and Moose cooperated. The rest Ran away. I was concerned with John , who only has two teeth. Eventually I got some liqiud Medicine and he ate that.But I will just send them to you , for pilling , if that is all right! Gary , and Cats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS