I am new to Pet Talk so bear with me. Does anyone else have a dog with the same problem? Or is there any advice or information you have about this? My Mom, sister and I are very concerned and don't know what it is.
Our maletese/shih tzu (Gracie) is a female and she is only 2 years old and she has front leg problems. Her two front legs bow outwards (the opposite as pigeon toed). The bones in her little legs are awkward because you can see that they aren't straight. Her legs almost look like a bulldogs front legs. When she stands her little feet point out to the sides in opposite directions like this... \ / instead of like this... | | (I hope this isn't too complicated to understand). We asked our vet a couple months ago and he said she might have arthiritis problems when she gets older but he really didn't say much. He said that her joints pop out once in a while and it is common in small dogs of this breed. She will jump up on my Mom's bed which is pretty high but she will NOT jump down no matter what. We think it might be painful for her and that is why she wont do it. We live in Minnesota and one of our friends suggested that we take her to the University of Minnesota to get it looked at. Any advice? Or has anyone heard of this before?

P.S. I'll try to get a picture of her but I'm not sure how to display it for people to see just yet.