Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hmm..what do you think?

Hmm..what do you think?

I heard somone ask this.

You know how it is black history month?
    How come there isnt a white month? like by appreciating for all what the white people have done? hmmmm
    whats your thoughts? (and I know there are alot of people who we should appreciat in BHM)

so what are your veiws on this? I heard some kid say it on the bus, and I thought it would be a interesting topic.

This is American History month.

It is also Black History month.

The two coincide, so it perhaps should just be "study up on history of all sorts " month. It seems somehow more politically correct to mention Black History month in some circles. It probably has a lot of other designations as well.

To be fair, of course, many old history book represent just "white" history - in fact, just "dead white guys", and people of color felt that huge parts of their ancestors history in this country were being left out of classroom instruction. Frankly, I learned more about history at home than at school anyway, but my family just isn't normal.

I have no comment on the subject based on the fact if you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all. I don't always follow it but I am on this subject.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

I see Karen, and agree

Im sorry dukesdogmom, if it offended you in anyway. I just heard the question and thought I would share. so im sorry

Oh, you didn't offend me at all! I didn't mean it that way. Just goes in the same area as the college fund.............

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

oh good! im glad it didnt offend you

Girl, you're too nice to be in the doghouse!

9/3/13
    I miss you

Join me on this flight.
    [/SIZE]

11/12/06

I guess its because of how much blacks were discriminated against in the past, and how hard they worked to earn the freedom and acceptance they deserved. Whites didn't go through the pain and suffering that blacks, very unfortunately, did.

your right poppy

hahaha, Val, Thanks!

Maybe because every month is white history month. Up until recently, most of the history taught was only from a white perspective and included very little black history. Their history wasn't "good enough" to be taught to the masses. This was the case even when I was in school.

Not my opinion, but the way it really was. I think black history month is a good thing, but I also think we should be teaching all kinds of cultural history all year long.

I think there is to much emphasis on skin color. I think if someone is treated differently for their skin color, rather if it is positively or negatively, it is a form of racism. I think the world needs to forgive and forget about skin colors, sexual preferences, religions...and start appreciating what's most important...what is inside.

Thank you Wolfie!

I have to say that in my experience if you're white and proud of your heritage it automatically makes you "racist", even if that's not true.

Remember the sports team a few years ago who tried to prove a point by calling themselves "The Caucasians" or something like that? despite there bring skins like Cheifs and Redskins, they weren't allowed to keep the name.

I think everyone should be proud of their heritage, white, black, latino, whatever! There are so many wonderful places and cultures out there!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by WolfChan
    I have to say that in my experience if you're white and proud of your heritage it automatically makes you "racist", even if that's not true.
    That's interesting that you brought that up. During lunch a couple days ago, a (caucasian) friend of mine mentioned that even though people show black pride, asian pride, purple pride, blue pride..or whatever.. it'd be frowned upon to show white pride and be thought of as racist. I just thought that was really interesting..

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

To prove a point, we tried to start a "caucasian club" in my High School. It was shot down as being discriminatory immediately, even though there was already a Persian club, a Korean club, and an African-American club. How is that fair?

(Just as a side note, the principal said in response to the Gay-Lesbian Alliance that we started "I wouldn't allow...say...an African-American club, as it would be discriminatory to other students" Guess he forgot that he already HAD allowed that club! We got the GLA started up the next week!)

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Yup.

If anyone whas to mention being proud of being white in my school, i'm sure we'd have more than one other race down our throats. It's really sad because it seems that caucasions are the "lower race" now. Why can't wa just all be equal? Why can't we just have the same skin color?

Just yesterday IN CLASS I heard a girl (Who was Black) say over and over how she hated 'White people'. Despite the fact that half if the class was white. She said that she hated crackers, she hated white people, and a bunch of other rude disrespectful things. No one said a word.

YET, If a white person was to say "I hate black people" or "I hate spanish people" or mention a hate for any other race, i'm sure every single student in that class would have been down his/her throat.

Racism really disgusts me and i'm sick of it.
    I can see a hate for a certain person of a certain race, but really is a hate for the whole race necessary?Besides, not everyone has met every single person in the world - how are they to say they hate a race when they don't even know every person?

Anyways, I need to get ready for hell... i mean school! sorry for getting off subject.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits