Thread: Pooping in the shower!!! HELP!

Pooping in the shower!!! HELP!

Hey Guys,

I have a question....

One of my cats has pooped in the shower about 4 times this month. We got a deal on some litter at Sam's Club earlier this month, and thought that the switch in litter may have caused it, so we switched back, and it still happened yesterday, a week after the switch back. This happened several months ago too, and in the hallway! We caught Priss in the hallway as she was covering it up a while back. We suspect it's her in the shower, but can't be certain.

I called the vet twice, the first receptionist said that it could be something like a urinary tract infection and that the cat is going outside the litterbox because it's in pain and is associating the box with pain. And the second receptionist said she wouldn't worry about it and to keep an eye on it. Well, one of them went again. They are all acting normal and eating and drinking and playing. Could it be behavioral or physical? Has anyone had a similar problem? I don't know what to do!

Thanks!

My advise, You have to eliminate the physical by having vet check her. The opinion you most need to have is your vets not the receptionist who answers the phone.

Luckly we haven't had problem of pooing but we do have of peeing. In our case with Butterscotch, it is not physical but behavioral that he once in a blue moon decides to pee at our bedroom door.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

Based on plenty of experience with UTI's I can say that they will usually pee outside the litter box and not poop. Having said that it is still worthwhile to take Priss into the vet just to be on the safe side.

The only other thing I can think of is when you cleaned the litter boxes (to switch litter) what type of cleaner did you use? I know that mine don't like anything with a "strong" smell (even though they can easily out smell it ). They have me trained to use a plain anti-bacterial dish soap and I don't seem to have problems with that.

Good luck

Thanks for your help!