Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Operating system not found.....

Willie that is funny!

I have called Sam but he hasn't got back to me. "Oh well' I wonder when the cops are going to get here. heeheehee , maybe one of them will know how to fix my computer. LOL!

Ann, that might just work! Really Lisa had me laughing so hard at her, I could just see them waiting to be arrested for the "illigal operation". Funny Girl!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I can see Lisa doing that! LOL!

I missed you a lot
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Great to have you back Gini

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

The final piece (battery back-up) arrived today. I almost killed myself on the package as I went to get my mail. There it was - again - no one knocked - no one rang my doorbell - just this box that in full glorious color describes the battery back-up.

Finally all of the pieces have arrived and I can stop whining.
    It is amazing that something did not get stolen from my porch.

Once, years ago, some kids stole a FedX package from my porch that I had outgoing. They ripped it open and threw the contents all over the neighborhood. Nothing important - just paychecks for one of my clients. I have never left anything out again. So to have things delivered that are expensive without my having to sign for them, I find totally unacceptable.

Age and experience tell me that you deal with things the very best you can and THEN YOU MOVE ON.................

Again, thanks everyone..........I felt as though I had been marooned on a remote island (Los Angeles?? A remote island?).

Hugs!

Gini, it's great to have you back!

Gini - welcome back!!!

HOWEVER, much to my horror ........... my home PC died this morning .............. I think it has read this thread and decided to "go out in sympathy"!!!

Luckily, someone I work with is going to try and salvage all the information tomorrow ............ and re-build the PC .......... then we will buy ANOTHER one just in case!

The worst part ..... my hubbies business stuff is on the PC, but we should be able to save it ...........

BUT - back to Gini - WE MISSED YOU TERRIBLY!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

So glad to have you back Gini. We all missed you. Sipoweitz was missing you too.

Captain, I am sorry you are having bad trouble with your computer. I hope you get it all fixed up. Are you planing to get a new one? I hope you good luck with what ever you do.

Thanks amoore!!!

We will probably salvage the currently on, AND buy a new one anyway ........ for ME!!!!

Then I can get back into Web Design .............
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

McAfee Firewall was the problem.............that is after many phone calls to Dell and my server and finally to Microsoft. McAfee has a software glitch that blocks access to the internet for Outlook Express. After I changed that setting everything works just fine.
    OMG, please tell me what setting you changed!! My Outlook Express has been non-functioning for months, despite my best efforts, AND I have McAfee!!

There is a glimmer of hope!!!!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I used mcafee also, then I switched to AVG Anti virus. I like it a lot!

Captain, that is what I want to do in the near future is get a new one for my self. Fix this one up for andy. He don't mess with pictures like I do.

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    OMG, please tell me what setting you changed!! My Outlook Express has been non-functioning for months, despite my best efforts, AND I have McAfee!!

There is a glimmer of hope!!!!
    I have McAfee Firewall and that was the problem. Click on your McAfee icon and go to McAfee Firewall. You will see a section called Internet Applications. Click on that and a whole list of internet applications allowed by the Firewall will come up. Scroll down to Outlook Express and see if it says "allow full access" or does it say "blocked." If it is blocked give it full access and then try Outlook Express.

I want you to know that I called Microsoft, gave them credit card information for the one time (one event) $35.00. And then I was on hold for ONE HOUR. I am not exaggerating, because I played numerous games of solitare, read the news, etc. Then this great guy who is in Nova Scotia comes on the phone and after he heard my story and numerous calls to Comcast and Dell, said that McAfee is almost always the problem.

At first he was going to have me uninstall McAfee and I groaned.........so he asked me to try this before we uninstalled McAfee. Outlook Express has been fine ever since. With the exception that I cannot open all attachments, but I think that is my fault, because I haven't had the time to go in and register all of the software that came with the computer.

I sure hope that this helps you..........let me know if it works, because if it does, I think a letter to McAfee is in order. This is ridiculous and it was a huge waste of time for me, before I just knuckled under and paid the $35.00.

Well, that wasn't it, then.

I already had Outlook Express set to Allow Full Access.

Thanks for the info, though!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I am sorry. Believe me I am no expert, but it might be the settings you have for your email.

All of mine was going only to the server (Comcast) and just sitting there. You have probably already done this, but you might call your server and make sure your settings are right.

From the beginning, I have always liked the ease of using Outlook Express, so I was really bumbed out until I could get it working correctly.