Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: I want a kitten!!

Originally posted by 2kitties
    My Rocky has some of the 'tude Denyce talked about. And, I have to say, he chose me. He walked up to me, climbed my shirt and stuck his paw up my nose- claws and all.

Sometimes, we don't get to do the choosing
    *giggle*

So . . . he had you "hooked" from the first moment, huh?

Ha Ha!! OUCH!!!!

I would loooooooove to one day have two kittys, but we are just going to stick with one for now. Drake is so small our kitty will probably think he's a kitty too!! LOL!!! For the majority of my life we had two cats though and you are right, they do play so much differently than with dogs. I remember how they used to run around the house playing tag!!! My husband's mother has a cat though (my cat-in-law) and Drake and her just loooooove to chase each other and wrestle around. They are both very gentle though. Usually she pins him to the floor and sits on him.

Oh I already know what colors Im looking for mostly. The two cats I had growing up were both a dark grey color and I would love to get another one like that. I also like the variations of greys and whites together. Or grey and black (and white). I am also greatly fond of black and white cats because they just have major attitudes!! For some reason the darker colored cats seem to be more 'opinionated' than some of the others. That is one thing I have always loved!! If they don't like something, they will tell you off for it!!! LOL!!!!
    Lori Green!

Drake and Jake 2004
    Jacob 4-20-04
    Drake 1-11-03

Originally posted by Denyce
    I have also found that the orangies I have had have been a bit brattier and neurotic. I have had 3 of those. In my limited experience..and I say that because I have only had cats in my life for about 22 years...that the gray/brown color variations seem to be the most emotionally stable.

Of course I just love them all with all their quirks. I am probably going to be blasted for my above comments but that is ok

Oh Denyce (Here comes the Blast) How dare you tell me that my darling ornagie is an emotionally unstable kitty?

lol.

Just Kidding! Couldn't refuse that one!
    Allen is a nutcase, but a very mellow and affectionate nutcase. He takes care of his emotionally stable grey "brother" Pouncer very well and the two guys love each other. Too funny!

Oh, which one of my kitties is neurotically chasing shadows right now? Yup, the emotionally stable one!

Gotalong, my two guys chase each other like idiots. I don't know who intitiates it, but they go tearing through the house. On one lap, Allen will be chasing Pouncer, on the next, its Pouncer after Allen. All the dog knows is that they are leaving her alone, which (to her) is the best thing of all!

Catnapper

*LOL* Well sometimes I think my bratty Brianna who is the orange redhead is just cleverer than all the rest of them put together. But she is SUCH a brat! She loves to wait until one of the other cats is sitting on the back of the sofa watching the birds and everything is quiet...then she charges the sofa from across the room like a white rhino with her hair all fluffed out and just squalling. The usual victim is Katiebug the tuxedo tortie who has a scream twice as loud as her size which she uses at full volume as she runs off across the room. And there Brianna sits just soooo contented and proud of herself. Such a happy smiling smirk on her little kitty face she gets. And then she will just walk off...cause she didn't really want to sit on the sofa she just wanted to scare the crap out of Katie.

Denyce

Ha Ha! That is tooooooooo funny Denyce!!
    Lori Green!

Drake and Jake 2004
    Jacob 4-20-04
    Drake 1-11-03