Thread: The cage I'm building *pics*

The cage I'm building *pics*

Sorry about the last thread, my computer is having some troubles. It won't let me attach pics. So I'll just do it the long way and upload them. T-T

I'm building a rat cage for Frisco and Icarus. I'm not done yet. I need to go out and buy some piano hinges and some clasps or locks for the doors still. :/ Surprising how expensive this is becoming lol.

As you can see, it doesn't have doors yet lol. It's going to have two doors. I'm done building the frames, and I just glued and hammered some corks in the screwholes today. Then I have to shave the top of the corks off, sand the frames, put some paint sealer on them, cut out the wire, nail it on, and then FINALLY, once I get the hinges, I'll be able to attach it to the body lol. The body is completely finished.

There are holes in the shelves so the rats can go up and down. My rats don't get along, so I'm putting a brick over one of the holes so that Frisco can't..err...eat Icarus haha. That way I won't have to cut a new hole after Frisco passes away and I get another rat/s...He's getting old. 2 years on the 26th. He doesn't act anything like it though! He's still a kitten at heart.

Sorry the pics are sideways. My photodeluxe doesn't want to work anymore. Just tilt your head...hehe...

Hope you all like how it looks so far.

PS Sorry Liana, I got booted off msn again. And I tried talking to you again Ashley, but it just won't work. I think my computer has a virus or something. I've been on here for almost an hour just trying to upload two pictures.

You are building something very nice! Your little Frisco and Icarus, will really like it!

It does run into expense to build your own any thing, but it is because you are useing better materials than factory made ones. Plus it will be more special, because you made it!

It looks Great! They are really gonna enjoy there new cage!

Thanks!

Yep, the price is getting up there. $50 for the wood, $25 for the screws and nails, $40 altogether for the wire and the paint sealer. And now I have to buy the hinged and locks. Lucky for me, I didn't pay for any of that stuff LOL.

bump

Wow, thats neat! I want to see it when it's all done ^_^ Great job, they'll love it!

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Thank you!

It is great Jordan you are doing a realy good job.

We need more pics when the Ratties move in
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

Thanks! Don't worry, I plan to take tons of pics lol. I'm going to be adding lots of stuff to the cage. Hammocks, and grass, and some parrot toys, etc.

Cool!! Love the color of the wood...

It loos exactly like the big bookself I have that I am going to turn into a cage for the cottage!

Is that cage at school!? It looks like it is in a woodworking shop classroom, lol.
    LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

it´s very cute I think Frisco and Icarus will eb very happy about new cage

Liga(me),Carreras(gordon setter),Simba(the cat),Felix(bun),Aisha & Nila(ratties),Ellie(guinea piggy)

Originally posted by YellowLabLover
    Cool!! Love the color of the wood...

It loos exactly like the big bookself I have that I am going to turn into a cage for the cottage!

Is that cage at school!? It looks like it is in a woodworking shop classroom, lol.
    Thanks!

I was thinking of making a cage out of a bookshelf too, but I decided to take the risk of joining carpentry and joinery at school. So yup, that's where it is! I haven't had any good woodworking experiences before this, only bad, so I'm quite excited about how well this class is going. My next big project will be a dogsled! LOL.